No more "dress" nights?

I'm starting to pack for my cruise this coming Saturday on HAL Rotterdam to the Norwegian fjords and in looking at the daily planner available on the app now, every night is "smart casual".  I was planning to take a cocktail dress but am now rethinking my clothes!  Have any of you had recent experience with this?

• Like 2

If your boarding pass is available in the app...it should be...mine is there for the cruise following.

Open your boarding pass and click "Tap for more information".  It will show how many Gala Attire Evenings.

Information comes and goes on the App Itinerary in the weeks preceding your cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gibbie42 said:

It will stay Smart Casual until you're actually underway, then they'll add in Dressy Nights. 

Or, as with my most recent past voyages, they may add them before departure, and then supplement, delete, and move them either before and or after departure. All depends on the ship staffs’ personal work flow/style. 

• Like 1

happytotravel - I agree with you.  People should pack what they enjoy wearing.

Years ago, I packed too many things for dressy nights, but I only wore my favorite things. Other things stayed in the closet. I have some nice dressy black slacks that I wear with "sparkly" tops on dressy nights. As someone said on these boards, "no one cares if you wear something more than once." 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gibbie42 said:

It will stay Smart Casual until you're actually underway, then they'll add in Dressy Nights. 

1 hour ago, SeaMatesNYC said:

Or, as with my most recent past voyages, they may add them before departure, and then supplement, delete, and move them either before and or after departure. All depends on the ship staffs’ personal work flow/style. 

Correct answers.  Just expect 1-2 Dressy Nights per week and plan accordingly.  

• Like 3

Pick whichever source of info best fits your style!

On the app “my itinerary” nor the boarding pass mention dressy nights.

Therefore, I can choose all smart casual or a week with two Gala Nights.

It’s great to have choices.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, flahagan said:

Thanks to all for the helpful responses!  I'm sticking to what I originally planned to bring and I'm sure I will love every minute.

Packing that terrific attitude is the best insurance for a great cruise!

Safe travels. Bon Voyage!!

• Like 2