Luggage Tags & Cruise Documents

10 minutes ago, ngrund said:

I received an e-mail from RCL with an attachment, you should get one soon.

From what it says, the additional tags will be for luggage that would be stored on the bus and not delivered to our rooms each night-

I am still going to print and bring the cruise tags

You should also be able to see your cruise documents/luggage tags on the RCL website (not the app)

On our last cruise to Alaska, I was shocked at the mob scene at the train station, where pax were trying to check their bags.   Apparently the majority of them did not have their luggage tagged already, so they were a large group mobbing the porters set up in one area to write them a check tag for their bags.   Then they had to drag them over to the carts.  

Me, already tagged...simply passed off to those porters set up at the carts that were taking the already tagged bags.  Simple.  

On 4/30/2024 at 10:11 AM, island lady said:

There is no need to print your cruise documents (the ones that are up to 20 pages long).

No, but do save those documents until after the cruise. 

On 4/30/2024 at 10:11 AM, island lady said:

Just print your "set sail" pass...the one with the bar code.  Just that single page.  And your luggage tags (I use the reusable plastic sleeves, attached with zip ties).   Two per bag for me. 

I print the luggage tags (in color), then use my home laminator to "beef them up".  Three luggage tags fit on one page, which costs about ten cents.  I highly recommend owning a home laminator -- it's useful more often than you might expect.  

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Me, already tagged...simply passed off to those porters set up at the carts that were taking the already tagged bags.  Simple.  

Yes, we always take a few minutes in the hotel parking lot to lock /tag our suitcases -- yes, always two tags per bag, though we've never lost one.  We want to pull up to the port with our suitcases ready to hand over.  

I also stand and watch until my suitcase is loaded onto one of those rolling trolleys.  Maybe that's paranoia, but if it's on a trolley, I know it's going to get to the ship.  

Just print your luggage tags, that really isn't even necessary (porters can make out luggage tag at the pier). Everything else you need is on your phone. 

• Haha 1

On 5/22/2024 at 2:55 PM, ngrund said:

NGrund,

Thanks for this.  I am doing the same tour in late August.  When you get back could you let me know when you were finished with the planned activities in Denali.  We want to rent bikes in the afternoon and are trying to figure out if that is a viable option.  

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, goofygame said:

NGrund,

Thanks for this.  I am doing the same tour in late August.  When you get back could you let me know when you were finished with the planned activities in Denali.  We want to rent bikes in the afternoon and are trying to figure out if that is a viable option.  

You mean after the Denali tour on Thurs?,

I believe right after then we bus back to Talkeenta for the the night:

COACH TRANSFER
Denali to Talkeetna
Trip Length: approximately 3 hours
Following the Denali Natural History Tour, you will board
a coach for a drive to the quaint town of Talkeetna and
spectacular views of Mt. Denali, weather permitting. The rest
of the day is free to take an optional land excursion, relax
in the hotel or shop and explore this tiny town that serves
as the starting point for Denali climbers. Then retire to your
accommodations at the Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge.

You may want to think about the bike rental on Wed when you get to Denali-

Edited by ngrund

The shorter, included Denali Natural History Tour starts between 5.30 and 7.30AM and takes about 4.5-5 hours. Then about 3 hours to Talkeetna.

If you upgrade to the longer Tundra Wilderness Tour, that one starts between 5 and 11AM and takes about 5 and 5.5 hours. I believe that RCL tries to get the earliest starting slots, since both times I've done the Alaska pre-cruise tours, we were picked up just before 5AM at the Denali Park Village hotel for the tour.

Say what? 5AM..but I'm on vacation...LOL!

Maybe I should reconsider coming on Sun so I might still be on East Coast time -:)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ngrund said:

Say what? 5AM..but I'm on vacation...LOL!

Maybe I should reconsider coming on Sun so I might still be on East Coast time -:)

There's a reason they start serving breakfast at 5AM 🙂

At least it will already be light outside, so you might feel as if it was much later.
Or just leave the curtains open and you won't be able to sleep at all.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ngrund said:

You may want to think about the bike rental on Wed when you get to Denali-

Yes, we are thinking about Wed.  

5:00 am start time - Yikes.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/24/2024 at 6:14 AM, Brandis said:

There's a reason they start serving breakfast at 5AM 🙂

At least it will already be light outside, so you might feel as if it was much later.
Or just leave the curtains open and you won't be able to sleep at all.

We will be on 7:25 tour tomorrow morning