Regal 8.7.24 British Isles Itenarary question

Samkitty1

I'm looking at the Regal 8.7.24 12 day sailing out of Southampton.

The schedule shows the Regal arriving in Greenock on Aug 12, 8:00AM and departing Aug 13 at 2:00AM, arriving Wed Aug 14 7:00 AM in Kirkwall 

There is no sea day between  Greenock and Kirkwall, so am I correct in assuming that the ship actually departs at 2:00 AM on Aug 14th? 

I hope so because 2 days in Glasgow would be great...thoughts?

I think you need to relook your math.  Arriving on the 12th at 0800 and departing the next day at 0200 = 18 hours.  The (+1 0200) means she stays past midnight. The rest of the 13th is your sea day to Kirkwall.  EM

• Thanks 1

The ship only stays one day in Greenock. The 2:00 am departure time for an August cruise is to allow for excursions to the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo. Excursions to the Tattoo get back to the ship a little before that departure time. If you book privately to the Tattoo, you need to make sure you get back by the departure time - or at least get back before the last ship excursion returns.

Even though the Tattoo is in Edinburgh, Princess normally has Tattoo excursions from Greenock instead of from South Queensferry because South Queensferry is a tender port. They don't want to be running tenders back to the ship at 1:00 in the morning.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

The ship only stays one day in Greenock. The 2:00 am departure time for an August cruise is to allow for excursions to the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo. Excursions to the Tattoo get back to the ship a little before that departure time. If you book privately to the Tattoo, you need to make sure you get back by the departure time - or at least get back before the last ship excursion returns.

Even though the Tattoo is in Edinburgh, Princess normally has Tattoo excursions from Greenock instead of from South Queensferry because South Queensferry is a tender port. They don't want to be running tenders back to the ship at 1:00 in the morning.

Thanks for clarifying!