Live from Silver Muse - Tokyo to Seward to Vancouver - May 2024

Stickman1990

1 hour ago, Roland4 said:

I have to ask, when was the last time you actually saw snow flurries???? 🙂🙂

😂😂😂

Hey I read about them once….

But I think we actually did get a couple in Iceland & Greenland last September

Of course our Toronto friends with us tell us this is nothing! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Roland4 said:

I have to ask, when was the last time you actually saw snow flurries???? 🙂🙂

IMG_0404.thumb.jpeg.2028728bf628a70c31f8300dd0cdaa73.jpeg

Thats snow isn’t it? 

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sea bright said:

Do you know how many are going on to Vancouver?

I believe it’s around 110 guests from the current cruise - and we heard tonight that it’s going to be a full ship (but that’s unconfirmed)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

like this or nc better?

As background we did book this one before NC was even announced and it’s an itinerary we’ve been trying to do for many years

Both lines have things we like - and we’ll cruise both again as well as some others. There are things we prefer on one line over another and room for improvement on all the lines - but without doubt we are able to enjoy ourselves on several luxury lines 

One thing the last few years have taught us is that there’s lots of good offerings out there in the luxury cruise market - so why limit oneself to just one line 

The itinerary and timing as well as the cost are becoming increasingly important to us and our friends we cruise with 

For Silversea I don’t feel I’m compromising any of the things I look for in a cruise line so they’re definitely a good option for us 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, colonius said:

It's a small world, we will embark on a 17 day Vancouver - Seward - Vancouver cruise on the Silver Muse as the OP disembarks...

You’re in for a treat - loving Alaska so far and the Muse crew will look after you

Not sure what ports are included for you but they’re all a little different and the included tours have been great 

Ill try and do a summary at the end but we’re so busy having fun I just haven’t got around to posting descriptions and photos on here (yet) in real time 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

You’re in for a treat - loving Alaska so far and the Muse crew will look after you

Not sure what ports are included for you but they’re all a little different and the included tours have been great 

Ill try and do a summary at the end but we’re so busy having fun I just haven’t got around to posting descriptions and photos on here (yet) in real time 

We were fairly certain about the "treat" part, third time on Silversea now. And I fully understand that you have better things to do while on board then camping out on the board! 😀

Ports:

Ketchikan

Endicott Arm

Sitka

Juneau

Haines

Valdez

Seward

Juneau

Haines

Sitka

Wrangell

First time Alaska cruise for us, even though this is kind of our backyard, living in Victoria, BC.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, colonius said:

We were fairly certain about the "treat" part, third time on Silversea now. And I fully understand that you have better things to do while on board then camping out on the board! 😀

Big recommendation for the Columbia Glacier cruise out of Valdez - it’s long at 6 hours but great operator and views of wildlife and the glacier - we loved it. We were lucky to book it when Silversea had it as an included tour but I understand recently they’ve started charging $329pp for it 

While Hubbard was impressive it wasn’t as good as being in a smaller boat and being close to the ice and the glacier 

In Seward we hired a local taxi for an hour or so and he took us to the Exit Glacier and a few other sights and we also enjoyed fish and chips and beer at Rays which is close to the dock. Let me know if you want the taxi drivers details - we have no hesitation in recommending him 

A lot of the others were yet to hit but I’ll try and comment as we do

Today is Haines and we’re off wildlife “hunting” in a jet boat 

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Like 2

Not sure how long you’ll be in Seward, but renting a car may be an option for you. Ny wife and I did it a few years back, and really saw a lot. I believe Avis was right at the port entrance.

3 hours ago, fdnycruiser said:

Not sure how long you’ll be in Seward, but renting a car may be an option for you.

Second that option. They picked us up at the port at disembarkation. When we returned the car later that day, they drove us to the train station. It was seamless, and we were able to do a lot that day on our own.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, RetiredandTravel said:

Does the Pool Grill have heaters and is it enclosed for lunch?  

The Grill does have good heaters and they also have some areas that have plastic sheeting to provide a degree of enclosure 

IMG_1294.thumb.jpeg.6c0fc52b316162a6d278bf5ef951c99b.jpeg

They also hand out blankets and ponchos to keep diners warm 

IMG_1326.thumb.jpeg.e2b09c2884428ca150873037593ce3ba.jpeg

That said if it’s really cold then the grill is not the place to be 

• Thanks 1