SNA Hotel and UBer ??

We were originally flying into either LAX or SNA and staying overnight at Crown Plaza near the Port of LA but now thinking it would be easier for husband to just stay overnight near SNA airport and catching an uber the next day to Port of LA. Husband cannot walk far so looking for hotel recommendations for SNA with airport shuttle and nearby restaurant for dinner. We are not used to using Uber/Lyft but thinking it should not be a problem using them to go from SNA to Port of LA sometime between 10 and 1:00 pm. Would we avoid heavy traffic by then?

Posted (edited)

I'm Hilton brand loyal and have stayed many times at the Hilton directly across the street from SNA.  In fact have walked a few times to/from.  The hotel has a very nice restaurant if you don't want to walk. There's an IHop, El Torito, and Gulliver's all within walking distance and not bad.  Personally I would just eat at the hotel.    Yes those times should be good for avoiding traffic.  

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE

On 4/30/2024 at 8:30 PM, love2shop2 said:

We are not used to using Uber/Lyft but thinking it should not be a problem using them to go from SNA to Port of LA sometime between 10 and 1:00 pm. Would we avoid heavy traffic by then?

I can't speak about hotels the area, but I've done Uber/Lyft in many different cities and have found that, especially in urban areas, specific destinations, like ports and airports, have a great deal of coordination and instruction built into the app for the driver to know exactly where to go if you pick the correct destination  Some destinations will ask you to specify even further once you select the destination as to what part of that location you are going to, if that is applicable.  The rideshare driver will be able to find you because you will upload your photo to the app, plus you will find the rideshare driver because the app will display the color, make, and model of the vehicle they are driving along with the license plate number.  The Uber app even has a "beacon" mode that will turn your screen on your phone a particular color and some line of identifying text which the driver can look for.  You just turn on the beacon mode and hold up your phone and that could help the driver find you in a crowded place.  Really, the rideshare services have thought of everything and have an excellent product.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, jeromep said:

Really, the rideshare services have thought of everything and have an excellent product.

Truer words were never spoken.  I use Uber all the time both in the US and Europe and it's amazing how we did without it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1