Ocean Cay overnight

Beaver1975

Most overnight stays, at aOcean Cay, typically leave around noon. Our cruise does not leave until 4:00 in the afternoon the second day. 

How active will the island be with this later departure?

I have done several cruises that stayed at Ocean Cay until 4:00 PM or later the second day. During each, the regular buffet and food trucks were open for lunch, they were holding excursions such as jet skiing, snorkeling, etc., and Ocean House at the Yacht Club Beach had a different menu for lunch on day 2 vs day 1.

• Like 1

Just now, wolft927 said:

my question would be during an overnight stay can you come and go throughout the night onto the island?

No. They usually have an all-aboard time of 11:00 or 11:30 PM and reopen the island around 8:00 AM. The employees who live on the island need to have time to clean, sleep, etc.

7 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

No. They usually have an all-aboard time of 11:00 or 11:30 PM and reopen the island around 8:00 AM. The employees who live on the island need to have time to clean, sleep, etc.

I figured as much, and also this would leave opportunity for bad things to happen. 

3 hours ago, GA Dave said:

"Ocean House at the Yacht Club Beach had a different menu for lunch on day 2 vs day 1."

I'd like the opportunity to enjoy that. Years ago, our one overnight had the same menu for both lunches.