YC drink package in Gen Pop

GPPhilly

I read so much on here, I might have missed something but something last week on my Northern Europe cruise on the Euribia one thing we were told is that when getting a drink outside of the YC if it was over the maximum drink allowance you would have to pay the full cost not just the difference.  I swear I read at some point at least in the USA it was just the difference.  Was I wrong?  It never happened but I didn't know if it was a new policy or I was just misremembering something.  

9 minutes ago, GPPhilly said:

I read so much on here, I might have missed something but something last week on my Northern Europe cruise on the Euribia one thing we were told is that when getting a drink outside of the YC if it was over the maximum drink allowance you would have to pay the full cost not just the difference.  I swear I read at some point at least in the USA it was just the difference.  Was I wrong?  It never happened but I didn't know if it was a new policy or I was just misremembering something.  

The policy was changed in April 2023 to just paying the difference. Prior to that, you had to pay the full cost.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

You only pay the difference, plus 18% service charge.  That’s fleetwide. 

This was not what we were told on the Euribia last week when we boarded the YC.  They specifically said that you no longer pay just the difference.  It is the whole charge plus the SC.  I never had it happen so I am not sure if they were just confused.  

Posted (edited)

As an aside, it was so nice to have High Tea offered and served each day.   That is one thing we missed on the USA YC cruises recently.  

Edited by GPPhilly

We only paid the difference on our sailings last year.

The drinks package, Premium Extra, is included for YC guests, but it applies regardless of whether you’re in YC or not.  

There was plenty of discussion on here at the time and it certainly appeared to be fleetwide once it was fully implemented (meaning that implementation was staggered across different dates due to repositioning ships, etc)

The drink package you get when you are in YC is the Premium package. It's exactly the same package that someone can purchase directly outside of the YC. All of the drink packages fleet-wide now only require you to pay the difference on drinks ordered in bars over whatever your package covers. That being said, if you order a drink in a specialty restaurant that is more than what is covered by your drink package, you have to pay the full price for the drink. Maybe that is what the person on the Euribia was warning you about? If you ate outside of the YC Restaurant at one of the specialty dining venues then you might have to pay full price for drinks?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1