MSC Euribia return to port

I have one more question regarding our Norway cruise.  We are scheduled to be back in port of Kiel on a Saturday following a day at sea.  It says arrival back into Kiel at 8am.  We would like to book an earlier flight out of Hamburg (like 6am).  Is that possible?  Or do we truly not arrive until 8am?  In cruises past, we arrive in the middle of the night.

You want a flight at 6am on the same day you are scheduled to dock at 8am? What am I missing?

They aren't going to arrive at midnight and let you off at 1am. At minimum,  they need to schedule dock workers to tie up and start unloading the ship. (Might need to be Immigration officials as well.) It's not going to happen at midnight or 2am. Realistically,  they might dock between 6am and 7am, but you still aren't going to even come close to catching a 6am flight.

Unless I am totally misunderstanding your questions. 

I think my last two river cruises messed my brain up when thinking of departing.  We were able to leave super early as we were already docked, so for some reason, I was thinking we could make it work. Ocean cruises are obviously very different.  HA! I made our return flight the next day after arriving back to port.  Excuse the teacher brain - it is the end of semester for me, and I'm trying to do too many things at once! LOL

Yesterday we docked at Kiel on the Euribia and they said we would arrive at 9 am. The day at sea is very long and they have to go very slowly through the area around Kiel. We arrived around 8 am and were able to disembark by 8:30. 

So your 6 am flight will not be possible. 

• Like 1