Shuttle needed from FLL to Miami hotel and then from Port of Miami back to FLL

Looking for recommendations of a shuttle service to take us from FLL to a hotel in Miami (still trying to figure out where to stay- Either near the port or airport).  After the cruise, will need a shuttle to take us back to FLL.

Will also take hotel recommendations for a decent, clean hotel that doesn't cost a fortune. 

Thanks for your help

Some additional information would help people make recommendations:

• How many passengers?
  • When are your traveling?
  • Budget (in dollars)?
  • What time do you arrive in FLL?  Hotels are cheaper in Fort Lauderdale than Miami so if arriving late in the day with no Miami specific plans for the late afternoon and evening, you could save money by getting a hotel in Fort Lauderdale and traveling directly to Port Miami the next day.
  • Like 2

If you decide to stay in Miami we like the Hampton Inn & Suites Blue Lagoon. Close to POM and they offer a shuttle to the port. We just stayed there this past March and will be staying there again this month.

If you decide to stay in Fort Lauderdale try Hyatt Place they have a shuttle to their hotel from FLL or a taxi is easy and quick.. Depending on your date of travel you can check booking the hotel with ValueTrips.

• Like 1

When we got off our cruise in Miami, there were numerous people offering van shuttles to both Miami and Fort Lauderdale airports.  They were standing on the way to where ride shares pull up.  

We used Jiffy Jeff Transportation. We typically have anywhere between five and nine of us and they are fantastic. Not sure about smaller groups. 

1 hour ago, wildcats40 said:

When we got off our cruise in Miami, there were numerous people offering van shuttles to both Miami and Fort Lauderdale airports.  They were standing on the way to where ride shares pull up.  

I saw and used the shuttle from POM to MIA ($10.00pp) but didn't notice the option offered from POM to FLL. What was the cost of that?

On 5/1/2024 at 10:46 PM, capriccio said:

Some additional information would help people make recommendations:

• How many passengers?
  • When are your traveling?
  • Budget (in dollars)?
  • What time do you arrive in FLL?  Hotels are cheaper in Fort Lauderdale than Miami so if arriving late in the day with no Miami specific plans for the late afternoon and evening, you could save money by getting a hotel in Fort Lauderdale and traveling directly to Port Miami the next day.

Sorry for not responding sooner.  We are cruising with other people but for now, it would be just for 2 of us. Jan 10, 2025. Not looking to break the bank but don't want someone that is cheap and unreliable.  I guess paying the going rate.  We arrive in FLL at 11:30 AM

14 hours ago, hrmkr said:

Sorry for not responding sooner.  We are cruising with other people but for now, it would be just for 2 of us. Jan 10, 2025. Not looking to break the bank but don't want someone that is cheap and unreliable.  I guess paying the going rate.  We arrive in FLL at 11:30 AM

Why don’t you just fly into Miami?

2 hours ago, Marie51 said:

Why don’t you just fly into Miami?

Not the poster but usually the reason is flight costs FLL vs MIA. I know it usually is for many.

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

Not the poster but usually the reason is flight costs FLL vs MIA. I know it usually is for many.

Not the OP either but chiming in to say that and FLL is MUCH easier to navigate than MIA.  I always fly into FLL and shuttle with Jiffy Jeff or SAS Transportation. 

We are sailing out of Miami in March.  I love to stay in downtown Miami near Bayside and couldn't figure out why hotel rates were so high for our dates ($770/pn @ my favorite Intercontinental). I failed to google.  There's a big music festival in downtown March 28-30th 😒.  So now I'm having to figure out where in FLL I want to stay because I want no part of MIA with our 6yr old who will be coming along this trip. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2024 at 1:59 PM, BlondieB said:

There's a big music festival in downtown March 28-30th 😒

Thanks @BlondieB, that is great info for us!

We are sailing out of Miami on the 29th of March...we are likely flying into FLL (we can get non-stop flights from our home airport of YYC) and thought we would transfer to Miami and spend the night there.

Guess we will be staying somewhere around Fort Lauderdale instead and shuttling / Ubering  to the Miami port in the morning 🙂

Also nice to know FLL is not the $h!t show that MIA is...really do despise that airport😒

Edited by Brian V

I have a cruised planed for 2025.  Leaves Miami.  Im flying into Fort Lauderdale ( I can use my miles, get a non-stop, arrives at 6:30pm).  Staying 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale, then thinking of taking the Brightrail ( I think that's the name) to the closest stop to POM.  If I understand correctly, there will be some walking from the stop to the port ( probably just get a ride share at the train stop to take us into the port).  Is this a doable plan?

2 hours ago, 9tee2Sea said:

then thinking of taking the Brightrail ( I think that's the name) to the closest stop to POM.

You're close but you've combined the names of the two possible trains.  Check out Brightline (https://www.gobrightline.com/) and Tri-Rail (https://www.tri-rail.com/).  If you are staying in Fort Lauderdale, you might check out shuttle services that provide direct service from certain Fort Lauderdale hotels to Port Miami.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, capriccio said:

You're close but you've combined the names of the two possible trains.  Check out Brightline (https://www.gobrightline.com/) and Tri-Rail (https://www.tri-rail.com/).  If you are staying in Fort Lauderdale, you might check out shuttle services that provide direct service from certain Fort Lauderdale hotels to Port Miami.

and that's why I use GPS wherever I go.  Im always confused with the names of things.

• Like 1