Itinerary changes coming to Crystal 2025 World Cruise

History&Wine

2 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

OMG....such a reason to not take a cruise.

I'll remember that when making plans.

I was thinking the same thing. Sometimes you want to see someplace where the fancy limousine can't drop you at the front door!!

Patty

• Like 2

On 5/6/2024 at 11:37 AM, BWIVince said:

😆

In fairness, most port agents on the proposed itineraries are in earlier time zones than Crystal.  Everyone at Crystal could have stayed up all night and analyzed the results, debated the implications, had a decision in the wee hours, and started contacting the European port authorities this morning as they came online.  😆 ...That's what I would have done.  (And if you believe that, I have a world cruise through the Suez Canal to sell you.)

I'm sure the web content managers could have also had the ports updated online, with the help of unicorns...  And there's a new kind of lawyer these days that can turn around batches of contracts  in minutes, instead of weeks, I hear.  😆 What a wonderful time to be alive!

Vince

Crystal should leave it to ChatGPT.  I hear the results it produces are bullet proof...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just got a notice from my TA there will be done itin changes (as had been reported) but with some concessions if it does not suit. No indication yet if the changes. Go figure!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Whipsnade said:

I think there will be a lot of folks going home in Rio. 

I think they anticipated that (given the circumstances)...  This looks designed with that very much in mind.

Vince

Decisions on Changes to the World Cruise:  I'm having a tough time with deciding what to do about changes to this cruise.  Rio to Barcelona has only 7? sea days and a ton of heavy port days in a row.  I do enjoy a rest between ports.  I know I can sit on the ship.  But too, everything closes down while in port. I applaud what they have done considering the circumstances.  Any idea how many will be on the full World Cruise?  I see comments about people leaving in Rio now.  I see the cruise is now a bunch of one week cruises after Rio, probably easier to fill vacant cabins?  Thinking this can change up the mix more so than ever before.  Anyone?  Thoughts either way?

Edited by suzn43

15 minutes ago, suzn43 said:

Decisions on Changes to the World Cruise:  I'm having a tough time with deciding what to do about changes to this cruise.  Rio to Barcelona has only 7? sea days and a ton of heavy port days in a row.  I do enjoy a rest between ports.  I know I can sit on the ship.  But too, everything closes down while in port. I applaud what they have done considering the circumstances.  Any idea how many will be on the full World Cruise?  I see comments about people leaving in Rio now.  I see the cruise is now a bunch of one week cruises after Rio, probably easier to fill vacant cabins?  Thinking this can change up the mix more so than ever before.  Anyone?  Thoughts either way?

Hi.  Maybe I am looking at this all wrong  The website shows Rio to Las Palmas, Spain with 10 sea days out of 17 nights.

My apologies if I am mistaken.

Keith

7 minutes ago, Whipsnade said:

We don’t find many ports appealing post Rio so have cancelled. I expect there will be a light pax count after Rio. 

That's where I was going with my comment upthread...  I think they're clearly taking that into account in the design of these itineraries.  None of the compromises would have appealed as much to a certain segment of the world cruisers, so they designed itineraries that they could sell easier on a compressed timeline, and sell easier in smaller, more accessible segments as-needed.  I'm sure they're hoping some WC'ers will remain, but their eggs aren't all in that basket.

Vince

• Like 2