Stay in Orlando or Port Canaveral before cruise?

Cruise leaves on a Sunday and we arrive on Friday at midnight. It’s me and my 18 year old son so I’m wondering if we should just stay in Orlando and Uber or shuttle it Sunday morning? And how reliable is the transportation? The hotels appear to be cheaper as well..I keep debating what is the best to do. TIA! 

With that late flight arrival you should absolutely stay in Orlando. You might consider the hotel at the airport and then take a shared shuttle from there to Port Canaveral cruise day morning.

Try Cruise Control or Cortrans among many that are highly recommended on this board.

Also book it as a return as well.

• Like 2

Depending on what you would like ot do all day Saturday, I would choose Cocoa Beach. Its a 2 minute drive to the port and lots to do during the day with the beach and such. Also you could go to one of the bar/grills and watch the ships sail out Saturday afternoon. 

We're staying in Orlando and then going to the port in the morning. We plan on renting a car at the airport and then returning it by the port. For almost the same cost as Ubering from MCO to the port, we have the use of a car for the entire day to do any last minute pick ups, go out for dinner, etc. 

• Like 2