Oceania vs Queen Mary 2

4 hours ago, gaeltrav said:

You need a jacket or sweater in the main theatre as it can be freezing with the air conditioning at times

True, but that's not a rule or request--it's a preference because you're cold.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EJL2023 said:

And I guess some people are stating if they have to dress up they will ‘politely’ decide not to cruise on a particular line. 

No need to guess about my decision. It's exactly as you write (as I mentioned at #33), although I'm not sure my decision is particularly polite. It's just a decision. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, pinotlover said:

I have never understood the disdain for sport jackets. While I understand the hassle of packing a tux, my sport jacket folds neatly requiring little room.

All this reminds me an Alaskan cruise we did, on another line, with a gentleman that only wore shorts. Nice guy, but he was adamant he only wore shorts 365, didn’t even own a pair of regular trousers. He thought it old fashioned and outrageous that he couldn’t dine in the GDR or Specialty restaurant. Thing is, he knew what the rules were when he booked. 

Whether old fashioned or not, different establishments have different dress codes, if they have any at all. Dress codes may well be a reason to choose or not choose a line. Different strokes for different folks. Oceania’s are rather simple and straightforward. What t’s me are those that blatantly attempt to not adhere to them. 

That guy you mention may well live in Seattle! Seattle-ites, maybe just a man. My 8 year old grandson refuses to change out of them until it's snowing and his mother makes him.

https://www.seattletimes.com/pacific-nw-magazine/in-the-pacific-northwest-its-shorts-weather-all-year-long/

• Haha 1