Change to Cunard bring on board alcohol policy?

9 minutes ago, david63 said:

The short answer is yes.

Thank you!  This is my first time doing a European Cruise, so I didn't realize the difference in policy on the alcohol.

14 minutes ago, david63 said:

The current rules state:

"... If you want to bring alcohol on board, Cunard permits you to bring one bottle per person up to 1 litre ..." (https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/cunard-stories/embarkation-day)

The short answer is yes.

The long answer is that you can take whatever you want onboard from each port but whether you will be allowed to keep it is another question. There are reports that some passengers have had to hand bottles in until the end of the cruise and other reports that nobody bothers and you can take onboard however much you want - and that can vary from ship to ship and from port to port.

As a rule of thumb - if security is done by the port staff in the terminal then you are less likely to have problems than if security is done onboard the ship.

I didn’t say what you attribute to me, I assure you.

2 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I didn’t say what you attribute to me, I assure you.

I've noticed a few odd quote things around the site, I wouldn't take it personally. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

I've noticed a few odd quote things around the site, I wouldn't take it personally. 

Thank you. As you know, I do favour accuracy and clarity. 😀😀

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Thank you. As you know, I do favour accuracy and clarity. 😀😀

I think the quote has been taken from your post #24 although it originated in post #23. Not sure how that would happen, normally it only includes your response.

Edited by D&N

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, D&N said:

I think the quote has been taken from your post #24 although it originated in post #23. Not sure how that would happen, normally it only includes your response.

Yes, I know where it came from, but it is not an accurate representation of my views. It is not a question I would feel a need to ask.

Edited by exlondoner
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A current update on this: My husband and I just boarded Queen Victoria in Barcelona. We brought on six wine bottles (4 in the big cases, 2 in hand luggage), and no-one said anything. We'll be taking them to the MDR paying the corkage fee. 

Rosanna

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2