Noordam computer stations

If you have been on Noordam recently, maybe you can help? It has been years since we were on this ship so I'm sure there have been changes.

I checked photos on Halfacts and elsewhere, and have not been able to see a current picture of the area on Noordam that has the computer stations. Are there many, or any, PCs available with the big screens?

DH prefers them to phone/tablet, and doesn't want to lug the laptop if it isn't necessary. 

15 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Are you referring to the PCs in the Microsoft Sudio on deck 2?

I guess so-not sure where they are anymore! Are they there for public use?

Pretty sure Microsoft Studio no longer exists - that contract ended a couple years or so ago. On many ships that space has been turned into a library.

Since most people travel with a laptop, tablet or other device (or all 3) there's really no need for a computer lab any longer. I've not seen computers out for passenger use in several years on my cruises, but admittedly have had no reason to look since I have my laptop in my stateroom.

Sue/WDW1972

19 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

Since most people travel with a laptop, tablet or other device (or all 3) there's really no need for a computer lab any longer.

'Most' isn't all. There are passengers who still 'need' access to a computer on a ship. I have never been on a ship that didn't have at least some, including a Pinnacle class ship. 

I haven't been on the Noordam in quite a few years, but I understand the library was never removed from this ship. The computers used to be in the library. 
On the other Vista ships, last I knew, there were some computers on Deck one, across the atrium from the Front Desk. 

There are some computers on desks showing in photos from Halfacts and Cruisedeckplans, but the shots are from 2019. They are on deck 3 from what I checked. I am wondering if they are still there, or possibly some other location now. You are right Ruth, there are some on other ships- there are 2 just to the left of Guest Services counter on Rotterdam and Koningsdam. Not the best location as it can get noisy in that area, but at least they are there. 

• Like 1

Approximately one year ago, we travelled on the Noordam (Alaska Cruise).  There was a single desktop computer (PC) just adjacent to the front desk.  I had to ask personnel at the front desk if I could use this computer.  This was the only PC available for passenger use.

• Thanks 1

We are just off the NOORDAM ..  There is only one public computer station . It is located right beside the front desk.  No computer lab any more.  The library is large and has a coffee shop beside it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GlennG said:

Approximately one year ago, we travelled on the Noordam (Alaska Cruise).  There was a single desktop computer (PC) just adjacent to the front desk.  I had to ask personnel at the front desk if I could use this computer.  This was the only PC available for passenger use.

17 minutes ago, crx said:

We are just off the NOORDAM ..  There is only one public computer station . It is located right beside the front desk.  No computer lab any more.  The library is large and has a coffee shop beside it.

Thank you both for your specific help. I guess we are going the way of the dodo! At least we know what to expect in a couple of weeks and can be prepared.