Rome Holy year 2025

"Pope puts Rome in panic mode by declaring 2025 Holy Year"   will make an already very crowded city even more crowded.  Plan accordingly.

For anyone booking their own accommodations in Rome in 2025, I just completed a booking at Hotel Smeraldo for arrival on 19 October 2025 for six nights.  I was surprised their website would accept a booking that far in advance.  I emailed the hotel and was informed reservations were now open for my dates.

• Like 1

On a regular year Rome is always packed, I can only imagine the zoo 2025 will be. I visited early February this year thinking it would be empty and found it surprisingly full. Make hotel reservations now

To throw out another Rome booking option: Consider Morgana Royal Court.

Stayed there on two occasions either before or after Radisson/Regent cruises. These were three-day stays.   

Advertised as a "boutique" hotel.  Yes, it is (was), from our experience.  Convenient location a few minutes walk from Termini Rail Station. We found it easy enough to walk to many of the most-visited historic/tourist destinations. Including the Vatican. 

Wonderful, full breakfasts and afternoon tea service.  Pleasant staff.  

Did our own air.  TA arranged w/Hotel to have a cab meet us at Rome Airport.  Concierge coordinated whatever other local transportation we needed.  Concierge arranged for the same driver who showed us around to transport us on the hour and a half (light traffic) drive to Civitavecchia Port.  

A nice way to begin, or end, a cruise.  

GOARMY!