My First “Live”- Zuiderdam May 11, 2024 TA

16 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Probably because it was intra-EU travel?

I don't think it was that as Ireland is part of the Common Travel Area with the UK.  I went through exit immigration at the terminal before embarking the W.B.Yeats for Dublin. When I arrived the next morning in Dublin the immigration officer just glanced and scanned my passport and sent me on my way. I did ask if I needed one and he said no. Not sure if he stamped others as I was the first in the queue.

• Like 1

Day 14-Zeebrugge:

It was a little cooler today but sunny and comfortable for most of the day. 

We met up with two other couples from the roll call for a shared taxi into Bruges. Thanks to @dragonmasterfor arranging it. The company was AirPro Taxi. Our driver was prompt, professional and reliable. We were dropped off right at the market square. 

We first got coffee/beer a cafe right on the square. Then we took a canal tour. This was lovely and short walk from the square.

The city is so walkable and we felt safe the whole time. We walked around and enjoyed the architecture, bought chocolate and lace. The requisite waffle was incredibly delicious. We also got frites at the Halve Maan brewery. 

We had a little over an hour left before the return taxi. On a whim we decided to jump on the city tour bus. Some of the info was a repeat of the canal tour but some was new. If I had to pick one I’d do the canal tour. 

• Like 4

Either yesterday or the day before a luggage scale showed up in the elevator area near my cabin. That’s a nice touch. 

A local marching band played outside as guests were embarking today. The staff captain is part of the band and performed with them. I forgot my camera. Ugh 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

We were docked next to Rotterdam today.  It really didn’t look that much bigger than Zuiderdam. 

Also, I’m not sure why or how but some staff seem to know my nickname. 

Edited by mawvkysc
  • Like 2

We are looking to book a transfer return trip from Zeebrugge to Bruges for a cruise we are doing in October.Would you be kind enough to give the website or booking email of Air Pro taxis please? A recommendation is worth a great deal.

thank you

Mick

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, New Jersey Pat said:

Enjoying your posts, especially since we will be on this ship in July.  Do you know who the Cellar Master is?

Someone helped us tonight with a wine question named Julius. I am not sure if he is the Celler Master or was someone working under him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mickb said:

We are looking to book a transfer return trip from Zeebrugge to Bruges for a cruise we are doing in October.Would you be kind enough to give the website or booking email of Air Pro taxis please? A recommendation is worth a great deal.

thank you

Mick

@dragonmaster can you help out please? 

I didn’t personally make the arrangements. 

• Like 1

Went up to the Crows Nest one last time before dinner. Someone counted and they could  see 43 ships.  

IMG_3024.thumb.jpeg.1115016750f24402a273c635db7c3d58.jpegThe wind farm was also amazing but I didn’t get a picture 

• Like 3

The  pea soup was good but the version on Dutch/Orange night was better. 

The asparagus was very good. I was so happy to see it on the menu as I didn’t get to try white asparagus while in Bruges today. 

The brisket was so tender and tasty. The tri tip beef was also really good. The perfect plate would’ve been the brisket with the sides from the tri tip beef  

The Baked Alaska was a much more manageable size than PG’s. The ice cream to cake ratio was better and the cherries were tastier. (The quality of the ice cream wasn’t as good). Overall I prefer this version. 

We caught Inna’s  second show. She is quite talented. Then we caught the last two sets of Rolling Stone.  It was excellent again. I’m not sure how long their contracts are but Christina announced she unexpectedly had to leave but hopes to be back. She really brought the whole show together. Hopefully her replacement will be just as good. 

• Like 4

Disembarkation Day- Ijmuiden

After an MDR breakfast we just walked off the ship. (We did self-assist) There was a very brief check of our passport with 2  questions and a stamp. 

It took about 25 minutes for an Uber to come. We went to the airport for about $62.11 with tip. The HAL shuttle would’ve been $39 pp. 

Once at the airport we went down one level to the train station. We took the intercity train to Venlo. You just scan your credit card as you walk down to to the tracks and scan again when you leave. It was quite easy. There is not a lot of storage for luggage. After a time we figured out how to get it out of the way. That was a bit stressful at first. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Two small luggage storage areas on each end of the car. Best for carryon or smaller IMG_3035.thumb.jpeg.f1c73e5aa47bab58a1368b9cf779cd67.jpegAlmost useless overhead bins. A purse or half full backpack would fit there. No one used them. IMG_3036.thumb.jpeg.a1d33b1e87baaaaf0a3738a8c53bb106.jpegA carryon can just fit under your seat. For our larger piece we slid it under the spot where two rows meet backwards. IMG_3038.thumb.jpeg.9c4ccb23bedd41e0cb4da994b53b4b3f.jpeg

Edited by mawvkysc
  • Like 3

This was a wonderful cruise and experience. We are now visiting family in Germany. I’ll do a sum up of my thoughts after  I’ve mulled  it all over for a few days 😃 

IMG_3032.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for taking us along. I very much enjoyed your posts and the pictures.  Have a wonderful   visit with the family.  Safe travels!

• Like 2

On 5/24/2024 at 10:08 PM, Mickb said:

thank you

Mick

I may have had the name wrong. It was most likely Airpo taxi.  Here is a website that I found. Airpotaxiservice.be

If memory serves me right our driver was Jeff. 

• Like 2