*LIVE* NCL Joy Bermuda 7-nite sailing from NYC in HAVEN-06/16/2024-w/pics

26 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

This is absolutely true. True royals do not need to flash their status or their bling. It’s so vulgar. I won’t travel with my tiara.

Royalty is something you feel in your soul, not something you parade around in.  You both exuded "tiara-ed-ness", ball gowns, jewel encrusted undergarments,  without showing it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

@graphicguy If you ever venture over to the MSC Yacht Club beware of the formal police, we tried to look the part last September but we got side glances while sitting at the bar in our Bermuda shorts, it must be the legs.

For our next venture in the YC we will better prepare, don't think I will ever make it to #3

Screenshot 2024-06-25 094305.png

LOL!

I've sailed MSC.  It's been a bit, though.  Just not my cup of tea, for a variety of reasons.

So...here's my question for @graphicguy, @Sugar Magnolia and @debenson0723:

It seems like your main way of communicating with each other to make dinner plans, etc., was on CC. I have always had problems connecting to CC on every cruise I've been on. What's the secret?

(just thinking ahead to a possible CC group cruise where we would need to keep in touch).

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Royalty is something you feel in your soul, not something you parade around in.  You both exuded "tiara-ed-ness", ball gowns, jewel encrusted undergarments,  without showing it.

Not a fan of jewel encrusted undergarments. It ruins the body line.

3 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

So...here;s my question for @graphicguy, @Sugar Magnolia and @debenson0723:

It seems like your main way of communicating with each other to make dinner plans, etc., was on CC. I have always had problems connecting to CC on every cruise I've been on. What's the secret?

(just thinking ahead to a possible CC group cruise where we would need to keep in touch).

Unlimited wifi

Edited by Sugar Magnolia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

So...here;s my question for @graphicguy, @Sugar Magnolia and @debenson0723:

So, maybe some explanation is in order.  There is a reason we did not post pictures of us.  Nothing nefarious, mind you.  Just very good reasons why we didn't.

Further, NCL took away the "free" texting loophole we could use.  And, unlimited WiFi is imperative.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I did not wear my cookie motif sash because, being the gracious royal that I am, I did not want to make my fellow passengers jelly, but I did wear a very subtle Cookie Croakie.

Sublime is language of royalty 👑 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

I have always had problems connecting to CC on every cruise I've been on. What's the secret?

Allow me to chime in with bonus tips about using CC while at sea ... by leveraging those FAS 150x2 or 300x2 "limited" WiFi minutes.  Sign into ship's WiFi inTERnet first, check your email & sign INTO your CC account first, then, sign out of NCL's inTERnet but stay connected to ship's free inTRAnet.  Up until recently, this method continued to work for others that didn't upgrade to unlimited WiFi (which I usually do, typically wait until at least past midnight or day after embarkation ... sometimes doing it on Day 3 or Day 4 as the pro-rated upgrade cost continue to drop lower)   

With the latest I.T. changes, YMMV of course - however, NCL has thus far pledged (FWIW) free access to CC onboard along with several other websites, including their own.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 6/22/2024 at 5:38 AM, graphicguy said:

Not much for foo-foo drinks.  This one was pretty good!

IMG_3833.jpeg

You need to try this (we got it in the Local on Prima)

DH drinks beer & blended drinks...he LOVED this.

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 11.26.10 AM.png

• Like 1

@graphicguy @Sugar Magnolia @debenson0723 Thanks for this entertaining live TR!!

Regarding your observation of children...

Sadly I have read numerous reviews on various lines of sailings from NYC & similar issues!

I'm not saying it's NYC people in any way shape or form...but much like MSC cruise "culture", it seems there is an NYC "cruise" culture....We didn't experience it on our RCCL NYE cruise from NYC a few years ago, so who knows.

I admit...it has me a bit gun shy to book cruises from NYC (that and it is a more complicated jaunt from airport to port than FLL...it's just SOOOO easy there!)

• Like 2

@graphicguy, @Sugar Magnolia, @debenson0723 thanks to all of you for this entertaining review. It sounds like a good cruise all around! 👏

I'm jealous you found the cookies though. On Jade in April the only cookies we saw were being delivered by room service and we never tried that option.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KKB said:

You need to try this (we got it in the Local on Prima)

DH drinks beer & blended drinks...he LOVED this.

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 11.26.10 AM.png

This makes me smile. I tried it on the Viva (in Penrose bar) and thought it was the worse drink ever! OTOH, I discovered Red Bubbles at the same place and became addicted to it. Just goes to show there is something for everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Don't worry schmoopie. We'll pass messages...or if you see several upside down pineapples appear on your door, you'll know we've been by.

There was a cabin with an upside down pineapple on the door last week. Once seen I avoided that deck but was curious to see the occupants. But not that curious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, debenson0723 said:

There was a cabin with an upside down pineapple on the door last week. Once seen I avoided that deck but was curious to see the occupants. But not that curious.

I saw one pineapple magnet but it was not upside down. I did not stick around to explain how it actually works.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, SenatorsFan said:

@graphicguy, @Sugar Magnolia, @debenson0723 thanks to all of you for this entertaining review. It sounds like a good cruise all around! 👏

I'm jealous you found the cookies though. On Jade in April the only cookies we saw were being delivered by room service and we never tried that option.

It was also reported that cookies were spotted at the Solo Lounge on the Prima this week. I think our Bring Back the Cookie Campaign is working.

Keep the Faith!

Edited by Sugar Magnolia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5