*LIVE* NCL Joy Bermuda 7-nite sailing from NYC in HAVEN-06/16/2024-w/pics

A lot of the Entertainment tour could not be photographed since they consider their shows and costumes proprietary.

Wish I could remember her name but I didn’t take notes and am working from memory.

But, she’s been with NCL for 17 years…with a multitude of jobs, including Cruise Director.  She loves being the Theater Director as they asked of she’d be willing to do so on the Joy.  

Allegedly, she might be doing a Tina Turner review some night this week.  Have to find her!

More info on entertainment changes.  Old shows like Donna Summer, Kinky Boots and one other I don’t recall were not renewed for the same reasons mentioned earlier by the Cruise Director…their licensing fees for renewal were astronomical.  Plus, she said they weren’t nearly as popular.

She expanded, they are internally developing shows (like the Aerialist, which I saw last night) as well as signing new Broadway Shows.  She specifically mentioned Wicked!  There were a couple of other popular ones I don’t recall.

The goal is still to have two big main entertainment shows on each ship going forward.  

Game shows ARE NOT replacements for the main Broadway type shows!

IMG_3695.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Didn’t know this, but Cruise Next employees are college grads and are actually Officers on the ship!

They have 4 months on and two months off the ship!

The Chef de Cuisine works 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, 4 months on, 2 off!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

File this under…”do you act like this at home”?

An….ummmmm….”ample” person thought it would be a good idea to sit on the railing in the elevator.

I mean….REALLY?

Her butt, fortunately, padded her against injury.  Good thing I was the only person who saw this, as someone would have already posted the scene on TikToc!

IMG_3697.jpeg

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

She expanded, they are internally developing shows (like the Aerialist, which I saw last night) as well as signing new Broadway Shows.  She specifically mentioned Wicked!  There were a couple of other popular ones I don’t recall.

Well...if Wicked ever comes onboard, I'll be on that ship in a heartbeat! I'm certainly not holding my breath as I'm highly doubtful NCL would ever book something so popular....but if they do, I'm here for it!!

7 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

And…let there be lunch….

IMG_3698.jpeg

Whenever I see a child in the Haven, I just wonder how they're going to deal with the disappointment of their life if they aren't as successful as their parents....lordie knows I'd be disappointed to Haven it up during my teen years, only to find myself able to afford...well, nothing for a few years after college.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Didn’t know this, but Cruise Next employees are college grads and are actually Officers on the ship!

Yes, I found out when I attended a dinner with officers and one officer was the CruiseNext manager. He asked me if there were any questions or concerns he could take back to the ship’s group of officers. My only complaint on that cruise was that the lava cake had no lava. So he promised to make sure that the lava cake was more lava-ey. 

• Haha 6

22 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

An….ummmmm….”ample” person thought it would be a good idea to sit on the railing in the elevator.

I mean….REALLY?

Her butt, fortunately, padded her against injury.  Good thing I was the only person who saw this, as someone would have already posted the scene on TikToc!

IMG_3697.jpeg

Shaking my head in disbelief 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I saw her get on, press her button, and immediately try to “climb on” the railing before the elevator doors even closed.  

Before I could get the words “that’s probably not a good idea”, I heard the poor railing give a “oh no” sound and then crash under her ummmm…posterior!  An embarrassing demise,  to be certain!

I tried to help her up.  She swatted me away and got, ran out (OK, waddled out) when the elevator doors opened again!  

I went to Customer Service to tell them what happened!  The Service person made me repeat myself.  Not sure if they didn’t believe me or misunderstood.  

I showed them the picture.  Pointed to the elevator bank and felt I did my civic duty.

Will have to check on it later!

There are some colorful guests on this sailing!  🙃

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

28 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Good thing I was the only person who saw this, as someone would have already posted the scene on TikToc! 

4 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

This during the daylight hours and she was sober, not under the "influence" ??   And, she just left & walked away as if nothing happened and "nothin " to do with it. 

I don't recall, believed that ship security & maintenance "can" go to the video footage and you could end up getting a visit as possible an on-scene witness ??   Okay, just kidding, it's a minor maintenance and repair work order that they can easily fix & restore.   Maybe NCL should post a charge against her onboard account for the damages 🙄

As for the Starlink connectivity, thanks for the "info" - no question in my mind NCL throttled and restrict the allocated "bandwidth" to passengers ... "raw" download as well as upload speed under "EMC" as the satellite provider was faster but latency then was poor, and suffered from "local" interference while at sea.  Will have the joy of using Starlink onboard other lines soon later this summer & early Fall to check out the competition, and it isn't as pricey, stay tuned. 

Greetings from a quick Jersey shore getaway, resort hotel's pool & sundeck are opened, plenty of loungers available and indoor fitness center is empty.  Temp in the mid/low 80's but humidity is up ... even NYC isn't bad for the next several days, unlike the southern states.  Temperature will be around the low 90's this weekend, however - mornings are cooler.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I saw her get on, press her button, and immediately try to “climb on” the railing before the elevator doors even closed.  

Before I could get the words “that’s probably not a good idea”, I heard the poor railing give a “oh no” sound and then crash under her ummmm…posterior!  An embarrassing demise,  to be certain!

I tried to help her up.  She swatted me away and got, ran out (OK, waddled out) when the elevator doors opened again!  

I went to Customer Service to tell them what happened!  The Service person made me repeat myself.  Not sure if they didn’t believe me or misunderstood.  

I showed them the picture.  Pointed to the elevator bank and felt I did my civic duty.

There are cameras everywhere…they could easily track her down…

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

WOW!!!  Another very stupid person!!

Question for you:  Can you ask someone what positions qualify as an "Officer"??  I have a couple of friends on NCL ships who are "Head Mixologists (Head Bartenders" and they are considered "Officers".  Blew my mind at that-  but good for them-- better pay (benefits, I hope) and schedule rotation (six months on two off rather than eight and two).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Sheets pressed and folded by machine…

IMG_3690.jpeg

IMG_3691.jpeg

IMG_3692.jpeg

IMG_3694.jpeg

I've done a couple ship tours and was always impressed how anyone can work in what seems to be 100F heat and 100% humidity of the laundry rooms.

As for the elevator railing person...... you can't fix stupid

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

Did I mention this earlier?

iMessage between iPhones no longer works on the Joy unless you are using the FAS free internet minutes or paid internet. This is true for me and has also been reported by others on that other site. Loophole has been closed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Laszlo said:

I've done a couple ship tours and was always impressed how anyone can work in what seems to be 100F heat and 100% humidity of the laundry rooms 

Have thought the same!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

This during the daylight hours and she was sober, not under the "influence" ??   And, she just left & walked away as if nothing happened and "nothin " to do with it. 

I don't recall, believed that ship security & maintenance "can" go to the video footage and you could end up getting a visit as possible an on-scene witness ??   Okay, just kidding, it's a minor maintenance and repair work order that they can easily fix & restore.   Maybe NCL should post a charge against her onboard account for the damages 🙄

As for the Starlink connectivity, thanks for the "info" - no question in my mind NCL throttled and restrict the allocated "bandwidth" to passengers ... "raw" download as well as upload speed under "EMC" as the satellite provider was faster but latency then was poor, and suffered from "local" interference while at sea.  Will have the joy of using Starlink onboard other lines soon later this summer & early Fall to check out the competition, and it isn't as pricey, stay tuned. 

Greetings from a quick Jersey shore getaway, resort hotel's pool & sundeck are opened, plenty of loungers available and indoor fitness center is empty.  Temp in the mid/low 80's but humidity is up ... even NYC isn't bad for the next several days, unlike the southern states.  Temperature will be around the low 90's this weekend, however - mornings are cooler.  

Henry…the more we cruise, the more we see and SODH!

For good or ill, I’m becoming desensitized the way some behave on a cruise ship!

Always interesting, though!

• Like 5