*LIVE* NCL Joy Bermuda 7-nite sailing from NYC in HAVEN-06/16/2024-w/pics

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

... Extra crispy with sauce on the side is definitely the way to order!   can that wax paper liner get any smaller?  On our cruise last month there were a few times our food was off the wax and touching the table!

Really, it's not just the wax liner ... looked to me like they cut 1 piece of celery into 3 just to dress it up, like slicing 2 whole strawberry into half with that chocolate infused coating.  I'm sure by the time it's repurposed into marine feed nuggets, won't be noticed.   Can't oppose the concept of sailing to sustain.  

10 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

@mking8288 that is kind of cruel for you to post a pic of that very sad notice WAY before it’s time. And no B2B for me. I don’t want to entirely miss out on that heat dome. 
There is a distinct lack of gelato on this trip I am afraid. Perhaps things might pick up again later in the year. 

And I really was hungry because I did not eat much at La Cucina. I just don’t like their food. The menu has also shrunk. I did enjoy the panna cotta. 

PXL_20240619_195658394.thumb.jpg.9398856180dee1f12feafd3c02b55e37.jpg

My sincere apology for seeming cruel, not on purpose or intended as I thought they usually have that dreaded announcement by the evening of day # 5 on a a 7 day sailing.  It's never "time" to leave the ship.  Next week is sold out again and single supplement not being dropped - the heat dome isn't as too bad, unless you are heading south.  

OMG, menus are truly getting butchered - well, it's a good thing that we've posted our next NCL cruise until sometime in 2025, to see where this is leading next.  It's going to be "unfair" to attempt a "Semi" Cunard review vs Norwegian but not to worry, the Royal experience on a 10+ year return is going to be rather interesting comparison by early Fall.  

La Cucina / Onda on the Prima recently on our TA was pretty good, lots of food - different menu variations and 4 of us couldn't finish what we ordered - with 2 pizza as starter.  Looking at that menu and the posted one from Cagney's, not sure what to make of our future "specialty dining" options.  Any chance from this fabulous " gang of three+ " to hit Food Republic before this cruise is over to check things out, along with Moderno ... both might become the "not bad" choices ahead, for us.  Disclaimer before I get flamed, food opinions and reviews/comments are highly subjective, biased and personal in nature, case of being YMMV.  

Going to head north on the parkway shortly, much cooler with ocean breeze on the Jersey shore - have a dental visit scheduled for the late afternoon, definitely not looking forward to it.  The Joy's ride to NY should be fairly smooth, maybe a few choppy hours from moderate sea state.  Planning to be on deck to cheer for pier runners this afternoon 😉

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

You act as if you’ve never been arrested before. 

They told me those baggies they gave me to hold were just “special spices”!

• Haha 6

10 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Any chance from this fabulous " gang of three+ " to hit Food Republic before this cruise is over to check things out, along with Moderno ... both might become the "not bad" choices ahead, for us.  Disclaimer before I get flamed, food opinions and reviews/comments are highly subjective, biased and personal in nature, case of being YMMV.  

You are in luck. @graphicguy and I are planning for Food Republic tonight. Just waiting for him to make reservations because he’s the big kahuna perched up there in Haven. 

No Moderno on board the Joy unfortunately. I do enjoy Moderno over Cagney’s. 

• Like 2

I was disappointed in Food Republic on the Joy last week.  I'd had the lettuce wraps in May, and this time, there was no lettuce and the meat was perched on bitter endive leaves.  Firecracker shrimp was taken off the menu, and that had been a favorite.  Other items were ok, but not great. Looking forward to your thoughts...

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

You are in luck. @graphicguy and I are planning for Food Republic tonight. Just waiting for him to make reservations because he’s the big kahuna perched up there in Haven. 

No Moderno on board the Joy unfortunately. I do enjoy Moderno over Cagney’s. 

6:45!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mommapadraig said:

Mesmerizing….oh and a nice view too!

Legs or ??    I know, I know, Sy is warning us to be discrete or else we'll all be in trouble w CC mod. 

10 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

That excursion did not go as planned!

Oh, mother nature doing a number on the Joy and its passengers & crews .... The sky is darkening ??  from the look of things posted by Sy & you.  

BM forecast - Winds easterly 8 to 12 knots...  Isolated showers with fair visibility... Seas inside the reef calm to 1 ft... Outside the reef 2 to 4 ft, decreasing...

Have a great dinner this evening with the ladies ... time to shut down the travel laptop & hit the highway before the weekend traffic worsen, will look for a pictorial report later on.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Here’s a view from the cheap seats. And is that what I think it is?

🐦💩

IMG_6057.thumb.jpeg.3db5508e499e6c242d0c2fd1cf347bc7.jpeg

Unmmmm… I wouldn’t sit there much longer if I were you!😉

• Haha 4

On 6/18/2024 at 8:10 AM, Sugar Magnolia said:

😳 completely forgot about the BTS tour this morning. Been at the thermal suite since 8:00. Had the whole place to myself for half an hour. Then people started coming in…the nerve!

How is the thermal suite as compared to the other Breakaway Plus class ships?  Is there a Sauna/Steam Room in the Haven Courtyard area?

19 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

I miss all the fun.

My stops were Marks & Spencer's to stock up on UK 'biscuits', a couple of jewelry stores and a pricey souvenir shop. Only biscuits came back on board with me. 

Happy to hear M&S is still there. I am originally from the UK and miss my M&S. Will certainly be visiting when I am I there in just over 2 weeks.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Lupush said:

How is the thermal suite as compared to the other Breakaway Plus class ships? 

The biggest disappointment on the newly installed thermal suite on the Joy is that there is no big pool with jets. This is the one and only Thalasso therapy pool which has some jets. 

IMG_5871.thumb.jpeg.28ce7692cc6b304355d4164d9af8279a.jpeg

IMG_5874.thumb.jpeg.4f6e9313044478ebe944ae33a576c044.jpeg

This is the cold therapy plunge pool for one person.

IMG_5907.thumb.jpeg.cb37eddef476973f8a05cb848b07a485.jpeg

IMG_5905.thumb.jpeg.a03abfd0b9e6d58c51702511eff8154b.jpeg

IMG_5904.thumb.jpeg.76ef7cf01da3bcd65fe1377ef62bf65d.jpeg

Both pools require walking up and down 5-7 steps.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Lupush said:

How is the thermal suite as compared to the other Breakaway Plus class ships?  Is there a Sauna/Steam Room in the Haven Courtyard area?

I’ve spent most of my pool time around the main pool area.  Don’t know why, just have.

Have been to the hot tub and lounger area in the Haven, but haven’t seen a specific Haven only sauna.  If I remember, I’ll go look later today or tomorrow!

• Like 2