Parking at Galveston cruise port

My son and his family are going on first cruise out of Galveston. They will be on Carnival. Seeking information on parking near the port and prices. Would it be cheaper to stay in hotel the night before and get free parking at the hotel ? Recommendations appreciated.

5 minutes ago, Tonid5 said:

My son and his family are going on first cruise out of Galveston. They will be on Carnival. Seeking information on parking near the port and prices. Would it be cheaper to stay in hotel the night before and get free parking at the hotel ? Recommendations appreciated.

1. Hello @Tonid5 and thank you for your new topic on the Ask a Cruise Question forum! However, it is the forum for general questions regarding cruising. Your inquiry concerns parking in a specific North American Homeport and is off topic there.

To help you out, your new topic has been moved to the North American Homeports - Gulf Coast Departures forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed from there or live there frequent this forum and provide feedback here. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will be of interest to you.

The Cruise Critic website and message boards are both great resources for new as well as experienced cruisers, and we are so glad you are posting! Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community categories list for the various message board forums. I suggest you Bookmark the page or put it in your Favorites for quick and easy access in the future. Please read a few threads in the different forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads (aka Stickies) on the top of the first page of threads in most forums. You will find very important instructions or information there.

sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

On 5/11/2024 at 9:05 PM, Tonid5 said:

I find the Galveston hotels to be expensive. I like to stay in Webster which is 30 minutes away from the port. I usually get something decent there for under $100. I've been parking at Discount Cruise Parking. I pay about $90 for the week there which is the cheapest parking I've found there post-covid. Here is a comparison of all Galveston parking lots I did a few months back.

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/galveston-cruise-parking/

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I find the Galveston hotels to be expensive. I like to stay in Webster which is 30 minutes away from the port. I usually get something decent there for under $100. I've been parking at Discount Cruise Parking. I pay about $90 for the week there which is the cheapest parking I've found there post-covid. Here is a comparison of all Galveston parking lots I did a few months back.

Thanks for this!

Cheers

• Like 1

On 5/14/2024 at 9:31 AM, Saint Greg said:

I agree with you completely about Discount Cruise Parking.  They do an excellent job at getting you to and from the cruise port.  I was in my car within 30 minutes of stepping off the ship.

As for hotels, I stayed at the Microtel Inn by Wyndham right across from NASA.  It was close to dozens of restaurants and supermarkets that are reasonably priced.  I think that I paid about $70 a night.  Texas City is yet another option.

It is about a 30 mile drive from NASA to the cruise port.  We always take TX-146 which is a more scenic route.

• Like 1