My Time Dining - Changing Reservation

We have reservation times booked for each night for My Time Dining.  Is there a way to see what times are available if we want to change?  Our times are a little later than we would like, so ideally I would like to continually check to see if a better time opens up, but haven't found a good way to do that.  From what I can tell, the only way I can see available times is if I first cancel my reservation and then go back in to book for that night.  Is there a way to see the availability without first canceling my reservation?  Thanks!

4 hours ago, Petrel said:

We have reservation times booked for each night for My Time Dining.  Is there a way to see what times are available if we want to change?  Our times are a little later than we would like, so ideally I would like to continually check to see if a better time opens up, but haven't found a good way to do that.  From what I can tell, the only way I can see available times is if I first cancel my reservation and then go back in to book for that night.  Is there a way to see the availability without first canceling my reservation?  Thanks!

There isn't. Same thing with bookings for specialty dining. It's stupid and a pet peeve of mine.

I think I read somewhere you can call but that pressuposes a) that you have time to call and b) that you get an agent who actually knows what they're doing.

It really shouldn't be so hard. 😤

12 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Same thing with bookings for specialty dining.

I can see remaining available times for specialty dining I have booked (including ones that overlap and are around the time I have). Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

I can see remaining available times for specialty dining I have booked (including ones that overlap and are around the time I have). Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

The problem with speciality is that it blocks a certain amount of time for your booking, usually a couple of hours. If you then do a mock booking to see what other times might be able you can't tell if the ones underlined in red are only blocked because of your own booking or if they are actually full. So say I have a lunch booking at Jamie's at 1pm and decide I want to go at 12.30pm instead, I'd have to cancel my original booking to see whether 12.30 is available. And then I'd lose any promotional price I might have benefited from even if the new time is available.

Screenshot_20240512-212745.thumb.png.db6b439fb23c7d9a3e8219f67b7fb11f.png

Edited by FionaMG

5 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

If you then do a mock booking to see what other times might be able you can't tell if the ones underlined in red are only blocked because of your own booking or if they are actually full

When I do that (my screen shot is from the website on my phone) most times are missing (i.e. unavailable) & the red line is only there for the conflict time(s).

IMG_2079.thumb.jpeg.ebb1d1ebe5576a73c69854f4085a1918.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Maybe it's an app vs. website issue? I've never used the app to book dining.

You could be right. With Royal's IT it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.  🤦‍♀️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

With Royal's IT it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Yeah, I went to check the same thing in the app and the only time that showed up from my above example was 12:00, not the other times I saw on the website... and 12:00 is actually exactly what we already booked, lol.

I already knew not to trust the app but on Allure in October, we had dinner reservations one night and wanted to switch the time that day on the ship (we just decided we'd rather eat earlier or later, I forget, not important). The app showed no availability. We went to the restaurant and the hostess said every single 15 minute time slot was available and we could switch to anything we wanted. It was empty that night and my wife and I couldn't help but wonder how many people may have checked the app and said oh well, no availability, we won't eat there. We felt horrible for our wonderful server who clearly wasn't making many tips.

• Like 1