*LIVE* from the Norwegian Joy – 7-Night Bermuda – May 12-19, 2024

Another NCL innovation is the Observation Lounge which provides stuffing 270 forward facing views through 2 story windows. It’s a perfect place to relax and enjoy views of the sea. 

IMG_4573.jpeg

IMG_4576.jpeg

IMG_4577.jpeg

IMG_4579.jpeg

IMG_4580.jpeg

IMG_4582.jpeg

IMG_4583.jpeg

IMG_4585.jpeg

IMG_4586.jpeg

IMG_4584.jpeg

IMG_4589.jpeg

• Like 2

For those who have sailed on the Joy after her “Americanization”, this is now the port side lounge after her most recent dry dock. A few sofas and chairs leading to a stateroom hallway. This will be the gate of the Encore as she goes into Dry Dock at the end of this year.

IMG_4587.thumb.jpeg.8683b932a1aa91525f1486ede61b4886.jpeg

• Like 2

A quiet place on the ship, hidden behind the Atrium screen is the Library. You can check out books, participate in a book swap, or play board games. 

The Library os also where you get your daily Sudoku and Crossword puzzles. 

IMG_4600.jpeg

IMG_4601.jpeg

IMG_4602.jpeg

IMG_4604.jpeg

IMG_4605.jpeg

IMG_4606.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Did you somehow change ships in mid-stream? 😁

It is the Bermuda Triangle. Got transported from the Atlantic Ocean to Alaska (where Dall Sheep are prevalent) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you recall, back on Post #45, The Bird raised the “issue” of strawberry-gate where the fruit were being cut in half before being dipped to hide the cuts. 

The Bird wandered back to the pastry galley this morning and found that they were holding out on The Bird. A tray of whole berries were in the fridge. Watch the 11:00 pm news for updates. 

As delivered on embarkation day…

IMG_4712.thumb.jpeg.829f01044e61c582eeb7ede76f69cb94.jpeg

Found hidden by the pastry chefs this morning IMG_4716.thumb.jpeg.8efe115e4b2114a1238b2a6c8fd3d012.jpeg

Bar service was a bit slow, so The Bird went to the drinks store looking for a Corona (with lime) and found the beer refrigerator full of bottled water. With the current cooler climate, the ship only sells 30,000 bottles of water a week. 
IMG_4727.thumb.jpeg.6c766b5b3e2f88f4973630d45fca21e9.jpeg

IMG_4720.jpeg.35e9a17fb1d974573963870d37e19d04.jpeg

IMG_4719.jpeg

IMG_4721.jpeg

IMG_4728.jpeg

IMG_4729.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Cellars is the wine bar on the Joy. Across the fleet, NCL has really not developed the Cellars as a place to go and be seen. Other cruise lines have been far more successful at making their wine bars a destination. 

IMG_4751.jpeg

IMG_4752.jpeg

IMG_4753.jpeg

IMG_4754.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jpc763 said:

Hi Bird, always enjoy your posts. Any chance for a pic of the District tap beer menu (or the taps)?

I don’t have a menu from the district. The following is the menu online on the ship, but it it is normally not up to date. 

IMG_4535.jpeg

IMG_4536.jpeg

IMG_4762.jpeg

IMG_4763.jpeg

IMG_4764.jpeg

IMG_4765.jpeg

IMG_4766.jpeg

IMG_4768.jpeg

IMG_4769.jpeg

IMG_4770.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi ! First I want to say thank you  for all the great info and pictures! But one silly question if you can find out for me…. Where is Red Bubbles served on tap? I know it’s silly but love that drink! lol

1 hour ago, Leegeo said:

Hi ! First I want to say thank you  for all the great info and pictures! But one silly question if you can find out for me…. Where is Red Bubbles served on tap? I know it’s silly but love that drink! lol

Not a silly question...I was wondering too, as I will be on the Joy in 4 weeks. On Viva Red Bubbles was on tap in the Penrose (Atrium) Bar, the Local and the Observation Lounge so those are the first places I am going to look. But I also enjoy the Peach Berry Sparkle from DBH (when they are open).

11 minutes ago, cyntil8ing said:

Is there a crepe station in the buffet? We were on Escape last year where there was one, but we missed it completely! Don’t want to do that again.

The Bird did not look for one. Doesn’t mean it was not there, but not something we looked for. And there are no more nights to research. 

10 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The Bird did not look for one. Doesn’t mean it was not there, but not something we looked for. And there are no more nights to research. 

No worries. We can look for ourselves in four weeks. Enjoy your last night! Thank you again s thread.

And the bridge crew have an excellent view of “activities” on the “private” balconies on the ship from the bridge wings. Including a glass floor looking straight down. 

IMG_4875.jpeg

IMG_4876.jpeg

IMG_4878.jpeg

On 5/13/2024 at 12:54 AM, BirdTravels said:

More cuts…. Literally. 

Rather than servicing chocolate covered strawberries as a treat… they cut the strawberries in half, then dipped them. They have zero shelf life now. 

IMG_3286.thumb.jpeg.8142b4dc4d449fe799a8560d9d93ea07.jpeg

OMG! Can they get any cheaper with this stuff? That's pitiful! I'd rather have the 2 whole then sliced to make it look like more. 

• Like 3