No chair or couch Meraviglia inside cabin

cbfromjc

Just got off a wonderful 8-day cruise on the Meraviglia out of Brooklyn.  Loved the cruise and the ship. 

We had an exceptionally large inside cabin.  However, there was neither a chair or a couch and very little storage.  Checked with other people in other types of cabins and it was the same story.  We checked with guest services and they said that was done for safety reasons.

Does anyone know if this was just for this cruise or just this MSC ship?

Never had a chair or couch in an inside cabin on Meraviglia, Seaside, Seashore or Divina. Just off of the NCL Epic and no chair or couch in inside cabin.  Most inside cabins I have been in (59 cruises, most in inside cabin) do not have a chair or a couch. There isn't enough room. Princess and Celebrity had chairs but they were tiny, thin and slid under the desk. Definitely not a comfortable chair to sit in.

I believe for a sofa on the Meraviglia, you need at least one of the deluxe ocean views on Deck 5.

On Princess ships, they don't even have sofas in the balconies...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

I believe for a sofa on the Meraviglia, you need at least one of the deluxe ocean views on Deck 5.

On Princess ships, they don't even have sofas in the balconies...

Yeah, I think I screwed up and booked an ocean view on deck 8 for our upcoming trip on Meraviglia. I don't think it will have a couch. I will report back after our cruise.

I was also surprised when I booked a balcony room for a Princess cruise that the standard balcony room has no couch. I really do not like the only sitting area to be the bed. At least we have chairs on the balcony to sit in. Maybe there will be enough space to bring one inside the room? One of the reasons I upgrade to a balcony on NCL is to have a couch. I really do not like the only sitting area to be the bed. 

4 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Never had a chair or couch in an inside cabin on Meraviglia, Seaside, Seashore or Divina. Just off of the NCL Epic and no chair or couch in inside cabin.  Most inside cabins I have been in (59 cruises, most in inside cabin) do not have a chair or a couch. There isn't enough room. Princess and Celebrity had chairs but they were tiny, thin and slid under the desk. Definitely not a comfortable chair to sit in.

Our inside cabin on Royal Caribbean's Serenade of the Seas had a small couch. This is a Radiance Class ship. I do not know about the other classes on Royal.

8 hours ago, Cruising Lynne said:

Our inside cabin on Royal Caribbean's Serenade of the Seas had a small couch. This is a Radiance Class ship. I do not know about the other classes on Royal.

Never been on RCCL so no idea. Just mentioned the cruise lines I have been on. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cbfromjc said:

Just got off a wonderful 8-day cruise on the Meraviglia out of Brooklyn.  Loved the cruise and the ship. 

We had an exceptionally large inside cabin.  However, there was neither a chair or a couch and very little storage.  Checked with other people in other types of cabins and it was the same story.  We checked with guest services and they said that was done for safety reasons.

Does anyone know if this was just for this cruise or just this MSC ship?

Could it have been a designated handicap accessible cabin?  They are often larger and with fewer impediments to accommodate wheelchairs and scooters. Then the safety reasons comment would make sense.

It isn't a safety issue , it is a cost cutting issue . The lack of a settee/couch didn't bother us on Meraviglia or Bellissima when we had the inside cabin, they just end up being dumping grounds for bags,  coats , etc. We found the room to be spacious without one and you only use an inside room for sleeping and showering . Now the Ocean View on deck 8 we had on Virtuosa was teeny compared with the inside cabin on M and B. 

We had an inside in YC on Grandiosa and quite frankly the added seats and table just got in the way, I  moved the table to under the TV and put the seats side by side. 

I would never book an OV on deck 8 again , I'd rather  have the inside cabin .