Connecting through Montreal?

iowacruiser

Posted (edited)

We are booked on Air Canada from Orlando for a Med cruise in September leaving from Athens.

We are flying Rouge to Montral and connecting to mainline AC for the international leg.

Will our checked bags pass through to the Athens flight automatically or do we have to claim them and recheck?

Weve flown in and out of Canada a number of times but never connected.

Thanks

Edited by iowacruiser
missing word

13 hours ago, iowacruiser said:

Thanks..

What @CruiserBruce said, but for your peace of mind, when you check your bags for the Rouge flight just ask if they are checked right through.  Also take note of the luggage tag that it has both Montreal and Athens listed.

Even when you expect this to be the case - which it most certainly will be - asking just rids you of any doubts.

30 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

That is something you do any time you check a bag(s).

Absolutely, but there are those that don't think of this... hence why I mentioned it.

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

That is something you do any time you check a bag(s).

I remember my first ever international business trip as a 23 year old going to Sydney from Kansas City. I was flying Midwest Airlines MCI-LAX, and then Qantas LAX-SYD. Was told my bag was checked through, and the bag tag said it was checked through. Alas, I got to SYD and my bag was nowhere to be found. Apparently it was just chilling on the baggage claim at LAX. It came the next day via Auckland. It was a few years before I made it to New Zealand and I was always jealous my bag had seen NZ before I had. 

OP, that is very rare...definitely do confirm, but especially when it's the same airline, it's a pretty seamless transfer.