Flight listed on Flight Ease doesn't show up on airline site

4 hours ago, Mary229 said:

That is not true.  I have dealt with my FE flights every step of the way once they are paid for.  I even dealt with my sister’s last minute flight cancellation at the airport and had her switched to another airline at the first airline’s expense, none with a single phone call to FE

Mary229, That has not been my recent experience and unfortunately I have been at the airport when those who booked with a 3rd party were last to be helped or told to contact their 3rd party. I have had good friends experience this also. I am happy that you were able to work things out for your sister.  What I am saying has been true for me and others I personally know.   Cherie

38 minutes ago, cccole said:

Mary229, That has not been my recent experience and unfortunately I have been at the airport when those who booked with a 3rd party were last to be helped or told to contact their 3rd party. I have had good friends experience this also. I am happy that you were able to work things out for your sister.  What I am saying has been true for me and others I personally know.   Cherie

What were they trying to do?  Consumer law kicks in for most urgent cases.  

I tried to call FE earlier today. The person I finally reached did not speak English well enough to even understand what I needed. He thought I wanted to change my cabin! 

On 5/12/2024 at 6:00 PM, BadgerRedux said:

Thanks Bob!  You're right, it shows up on the United app, but not on the United site.  Maybe the information is propagating across the systems - the flight is either on it's way onto the schedule or on it's way off.

I didn't see this thread until today, but that same flight combination showed up on United's Web site when I checked just now. A lot of available seats in all classes.

I was not logged in so that if there is any advantage to my United status, it would not impact the search.

1 hour ago, ExArkie said:

I didn't see this thread until today, but that same flight combination showed up on United's Web site when I checked just now. A lot of available seats in all classes.

I was not logged in so that if there is any advantage to my United status, it would not impact the search.

Weird, I'm still not seeing the 11 AM DTW to ORD flight #UA4749 (with connecting 4:14 PM ORD to ANC flight #UA450) on United's website, whether I'm logged in or not.  I successfully booked the flight from the app so I'm all set, but it's odd that it was/is not visible to me as an option on the website.

On 5/13/2024 at 1:06 PM, Mary229 said:

What were they trying to do?  Consumer law kicks in for most urgent cases.  

I don't have reason to believe FE is any worse than other third parties, but in general, once things go wrong with a booking, the fact that it was booked through a 3rd party seems to slow down getting problems resolved.  I guess we've all had an experience where the airline sends us back to the third party when there's an urgent problem. When I was using a credit card rewards portal to book our post-cruise flight, I almost went with the discount airline Westjet, but found it was impossible to get a question answered as Westjet's phone tree kept telling me they wouldn't deal with me if I was booking through a third party (and I was sure the credit card portal would not know the answer).  I ended up going with a Delta flight for a few more points.  Maybe some airlines cope with 3rd party booking better than others.

• Like 1

Just now, BadgerRedux said:

I don't have reason to believe FE is any worse than other third parties, but in general, once things go wrong with a booking, the fact that it was booked through a 3rd party seems to slow down getting problems resolved.  I guess we've all had an experience where the airline sends us back to the third party when there's an urgent problem. When I was using a credit card rewards portal to book our post-cruise flight, I almost went with the discount airline Westjet, but found it was impossible to get a question answered as Westjet's phone tree kept telling me they wouldn't deal with me if I was booking through a third party (and I was sure the credit card portal would not know the answer).  I ended up going with a Delta flight for a few more points.  Maybe some airlines cope with 3rd party booking better than others.

I understand about upgrades and optional tasks but if a flight is substantially changed or cancelled on a booked ticket you have the same consumer rights as anyone else.  You go to the counter and get rerouted on their dime.  Or you accept or decline the change, if you decline you are then given options At No Additional Cost.  

It's always good to familiarize yourself with FlightsRights.gov, and the US Department of Transportation Aviation Protection Rights.  They are good sources of info as to what is and is not required by government of airlines and travel agents.  What is not required of an airline or travel agent can always be asked for and requests may or may not be accommodated.  Cherie   

49 minutes ago, cccole said:

It's always good to familiarize yourself with FlightsRights.gov, and the US Department of Transportation Aviation Protection Rights.  They are good sources of info as to what is and is not required by government of airlines and travel agents.  What is not required of an airline or travel agent can always be asked for and requests may or may not be accommodated.  Cherie   

Well you must also pick a US airline to get the coverage.  If not and you fly overseas you are on your own.  But again what were they trying to accomplish. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Well you must also pick a US airline to get the coverage.  If not and you fly overseas you are on your own.  But again what were they trying to accomplish. 

Absolutely not, if you read the U.S. government rules, many apply to foreign airlines flying in or out of a U.S. airport, this includes delays, changes, and cancellations.  I have personally experienced and used the U.S. Department of Transportation rules with 3 foreign airlines flying to/from the U.S., with no  problems.  You and I will not agree on this so let's just let people enjoy their cruise and air travel and do the best research they can on what to do if something happens.  If you are not booking directly with an airline, which has published policies, ask your TA for written details of how they will help you.  Happy cruising, Cherie

Edited by cccole

18 minutes ago, cccole said:

Absolutely not, if you read the U.S. government rules, many apply to foreign airlines flying in or out of a U.S. airport, this includes delays, changes, and cancellations.  I have personally experienced and used the U.S. Department of Transportation rules with 3 foreign airlines flying to/from the U.S., with no  problems.  You and I will not agree on this so let's just let people enjoy their cruise and air travel and do the best research they can on what to do if something happens.  If you are not booking directly with an airline, which has published policies, ask your TA for written details of how they will help you.  Happy cruising, Cherie

What problem did they have that they couldn’t resolve.