The 2006 Alaskan Season Is Almost Here - Are You As Excited As I Am?????

LEtue

I can't believe it is almost April so soon we will be doing doc dances, and packing our suitcases!

I have been waiting to cruise Alaska for about 10 years and I can't believe it's almost time :D

Anyone else feeling the excitement yet?????

Linda

LEtue---We are waiting for our passports and think we have everything else booked and organized! We get on the ship when you get off and booked this cruise back in June of 2005. We, too have waited many years to get to Alaska and while we have been many fabulous places in the Caribbean, Alaska seems to be our real love. When those pre-cruise forms arrived the other day, it now starts to feel like we will get there.

It is fun to feel and see the excitement.

K.

I can't believe it is almost April so soon we will be doing doc dances, and packing our suitcases!

I have been waiting to cruise Alaska for about 10 years and I can't believe it's almost time :D

Anyone else feeling the excitement yet?????

Linda

Linda, we are even more excited than you! This will be our 4th cruise to Alaska in as many years and since we know what we're going to be seeing and experiencing, it is even more exciting for us.

Just be forewarned--Alaska is very, very addictive! Once is not enough!

:D We are heading to Alaska this May. This will be our first cruise ever and we chose Alaska because everyone told us it was a must do.....the scenery, the wildlife, the excursions, everything! We are so excited we can't stand it! The anticipation is killing us! I know that no matter what, we will have a great time. I hope all of you enjoy yours as well! Happy Sailing!

YES a great time to be had. :) Enjoy everyone!!!!

I'll probably be on one of the first sailings this year sailing 4-30 and a repeat in August.

Just as a side, my first trip back in 1994, was supposed to be my one and only. :) AND look what happened- trip 21 to Alaska coming up.

We'll be on the first Inside Passage sailing of the Volendam in May, and the last S.B. Coral Princess sailing in September. Cruising in Alaska is just this side of heaven for us.

We, too, thought our first cruise to Alaska would be a one time thing. Haven't been on 21 yet, but assume we'll keep coming back for more.

My smile these days keeps getting bigger and bigger....:D :D :D

B

We'll be on the first Inside Passage sailing of the Volendam in May, and the last S.B. Coral Princess sailing in September. Cruising in Alaska is just this side of heaven for us.

We, too, thought our first cruise to Alaska would be a one time thing. Haven't been on 21 yet, but assume we'll keep coming back for more.

My smile these days keeps getting bigger and bigger....:D :D :D

B

You're one lucky bellebaby! Two cruises to Alaska in one year! That's great and I'm envious!

I'll be looking forward to hearing how they both went!

Enjoy! And have two wonderful cruises!

I can't wait too. My husband retired last year and I am turning 50 this year...we have been saving for years for this trip and were lucky to have friends going as well. What a dream come true. I keep telling my husband and friends that everyone is saying this isn't our last trip to Alaska....but our FIRST of many. Can't wait. Have to tell myself to be in the moment and enjoy each minute passing by.:) :)

I can't wait too. My husband retired last year and I am turning 50 this year...we have been saving for years for this trip and were lucky to have friends going as well. What a dream come true. I keep telling my husband and friends that everyone is saying this isn't our last trip to Alaska....but our FIRST of many. Can't wait. Have to tell myself to be in the moment and enjoy each minute passing by.:) :)

what is your sailing date. we will be on the may 15th going on the copper

river tour afterwards.

greg

We will be going on the Sun Princess at the end of July. It will be our first cruise and first trip to Alaska, my wife and I are very excited about it!!! Our kids are finally all out of the house, all we have to do is kennel the dogs. We have wanted to do a cruise to Alaska for years. I had made reservations for our summer vacation on the Oregon coast (which is nice, but we have been there many times) but we got to talking and decided "What the heck, lets do the Alaska cruise we have been talking about!" So we made our reservations!! (Note to self....remember to cancel the Oregon Coast reservations!!)

We will have stops in Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway, as well as a short stop in Victoria (I understand there is some Canadian law that you HAVE to stop in Canada?) so I am working on planning our shore excursions. I am sure once will not be enough, in fact I already have one of the land & sea trips in mind for the future......

We can't wait either. This will be our second trip to Alaska. Last year we did Inside Passage and this year we will be doing Voyage of Glaciers itinerary. Normally book balcony, this time we booked a mini-suite. Double celebration; DH 60th BD and our 25 anniversary. Met DH while he worked in Alaska so the trip is very meaningful to us. May 22nd is approaching soon. Happy sailing and beautiful memories to all.

We are booked for the May 26th Mercury to Alaska. It is also our first trip to Alaska. I look at the boards everyday. The pictures that people have shared are amazing. We have done cruises to Caribbean and Mexico, but I just feel like this will be so much different. So much more to see. Our stops are Juneau, Ketchikan and Skagway. I drive my husband nuts because that's all I want to talk about. The anticipation is part of the fun for me, and I am having so much fun already:p .

We sail on the Spirit at the end of July and cannot wait. Celebrating our 25th anniversary and our son's birthday. We had planned to go to Italy this year, but in the planning I realized that wasn't a "dream trip" for the kids and dh like it was for me, so we did an about-face and decided to try Alaska. Last time we cruised the Caribbean, the kids had said they wanted to go to Alaska next. I think I am as excited, or maybe more, about Alaska than Italy, especially now that it's getting closer!

I'm excited for other people's cruises to start so they can report back to all of us waiting in line!!

Libby

My wife and I will be celebrating our 5th anniversary witha cruise and land tour to Alaska Sept 9-19th. We are looking forward to it also. We wanted to get a trip up North under our belts before the kids get too old. Who knows, maybe we'll be bringing them on future trips. Time will tell.

I'm getting excited also. I look forward to hearing the new of everyone else's trips. We'll be one of the last of the year.

My wife and I will be celebrating our 5th anniversary witha cruise and land tour to Alaska Sept 9-19th. We are looking forward to it also. We wanted to get a trip up North under our belts before the kids get too old. Who knows, maybe we'll be bringing them on future trips. Time will tell.

I'm getting excited also. I look forward to hearing the new of everyone else's trips. We'll be one of the last of the year.

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary. We sailed the Sapphire last May to Alaska and had a great time. The ship is beautiful, have a wonderful cruise.

I am so excited about our upcoming June 10th cruise that you would think it is tomorrow. I have a drawer where I am already putting things that I don't want to forget. I figure by the time we sail I will have everything in order. :D This will be my second cruise (first was to the Caribbean with my sis), and hubby's first. I am hoping he will love it as much as I did my first, and that this won't be our last. :)

Donna

Guest Crazeecat5

Hi Fergus,

My DH and I are booked on the July 26th Carnival Spirit cruise. Is that the one you are on? Really excited about it. Already booked Orca Enterprises for our whale watching excursion.

Sheryl

Archived