Celebrity removes loungers from balcony?

4 minutes ago, Rina155 said:

Not what the executive office told me this morning.

I too spoke with Celebrity a few weeks ago.  unfortunately Celebrity changes constantly as do the reasons.  Earlier, a poster was told because kids brought loungers inside and jumping on them. Safety issues was another common retort and that too is what I was told.  Unfortunately, the reps get the “story” of the day to pacify. 

13 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

I too spoke with Celebrity a few weeks ago.  unfortunately Celebrity changes constantly as do the reasons.  Earlier, a poster was told because kids brought loungers inside and jumping on them. Safety issues was another common retort and that too is what I was told.  Unfortunately, the reps get the “story” of the day to pacify. 

I also think X changes in response to how PO'd we get on these boards over an issue.  We have 27 pages so far here on loungers.  Butlers thread was longer still.  

• Like 1

We will be in a Deluxe balcony ( Hump) on Eclipse. We carefully researched the largest ones. The current description includes having loungers on the balcony. It is the only reason that we chose this room.  
Fortunately we have time to change rooms or cancel.Hopefully it doesn’t come to that, but quality balcony time is a top priority for us. 

Edited by Shipswap
Spelling mistake
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Shipswap said:

We will be in a Deluxe balcony ( Hump) on Eclipse. We carefully researched the largest ones. The current description includes having loungers on the balcony. It is the only reason that we chose this room.  
Fortunately we have time to change rooms or cancel.Hopefully it doesn’t come to that, but quality balcony time is a top priority for us. 

Balcony time is important to so many, including us.  We were on the Ascent last week of March in a MC suite. had loungers. Not long after, someone in a MC posted pictures …..no loungers, only the 2 very uncomfortable small chairs and table

3 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

Balcony time is important to so many, including us. 

Agree. We're just off the Edge in an otherwise great SV cabin. No loungers or any comfortable furniture. Just the two "doll house" chairs and tiny table. So much for enjoying our balcony. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SSAtlantic said:

Our recent deluxe verandas(on the hump) on Reflection and Eclipse did not have loungers. We did pre covid. We have not been able to get a third chair even with 3 in the cabin. That is my complaint. 

Someone in having this issue should go to the 6th deck & make friends with a solo cruiser.  If they aren't part of a group, it might be nice to offer them a dinner seat at your table one night in exchange to borrow the chair for the cruise.  They likely have an extra chair available & may appreciate having extra floor space.  I figure if both cabins ask the cabin steward to move a chair, the steward would do it.