Hotel used by Regent in Papeete, French Polynesia

mj: You did not provide more specifics as when you will arrive at Papeete.  That tempers following remarks.  

We ended our Mariner WC segment at Papeete on 01/12/2024. Concierge. 

Utilizing an old-Army "SWAG" [Scientific Wild-*ss Guess]--opine Faaa Hilton Hotel for those Concierge guests arriving a day early in French Polynesia. 

Our experience.  Upon departing Mariner, a short van ride--with others--down the waterfront from Pier to Hilton.  That trip took about 15 minutes.  Regent had arranged guests leaving Mariner for return to wherever we came from accessing a "day-stay" at Hilton enabling use of Lounge, Pool, and Restaurant prior to onward late-night flights.

Ours was back to SEATAC on a UA flight departing shortly after Midnight.  So--

We booked a full day Stay at that Hilton.  Well-worth the money.  That enabled my dear wife to relax in our air-conditioned Suite; take naps; enjoy two delightful meals (lunch and dinner) with me at Hilton's restaurant while--

in the interim I enjoyed watching the Super Bowl Game piped-in to a gigantic Lobby screen.  Along with about 100 other folks. Hilton staff provided popcorn and snacks.  

But, as usual, I digress. 

Due to propinquity to Cruise Terminal, would put a bet down on that Hilton for your one-night stay prior to boarding.  Do a Google.  It will show Hilton's location to be, literally, adjacent to the end of airport runway.   

HOWEVER--also based on past experiences at Papeete on earlier Radisson/Regent and other Lines:  There are a plethora of top-hotels available.  Not all are as close to Terminal as Hilton.  

So--as you are Concierge:  keep in touch with your TA and/or Regent as your departure date approaches.  Cruise documents will show which specific hotel will be your refuge.

One other Note:  Be prepared for HOT, really HOT and humid conditions.  

GOARMY!

I wouldn't call it a plethora. Depends on the state of renovations at these places, and changes of ownership. We stayed twice at Le Meridien and it's now named something else and is temporarily closed, presumably for renos. Hotels don't last long in this climate. The Hilton has been renamed and renovated a few times since I was first there in 2000. 

• Like 1

A quick addendum to my earlier Post. 

Our stay--and watching the Super Bowl  was in February, 2024. 

Most important is Wendy's comment as to climate and humidity. Weather the day of our stay fluctuated from driving rainstorms and severe winds to a blazing sun.  Our concern was how that might affect our UA flight.  Ultimately, it did not. 

One other memory: Interior hotel hallways were clouded by water vapor. Walls were wet.  It was THAT humid. 

GOARMY!

I haven't been on a Regent cruise out of Papeete, but we have been on 3 cruises on the Paul Gauguin before it was bought by Ponant. For those 3 cruises, we stayed at the Intercontinental for all or our pre cruise and post cruise stays. The owner of the PG at that time was the same owner of the Intercontinental Hotel Group, so it was a no brainer. They also provided airfare, so we normally had a day room included depending on what time the flights arrived/departed. We often paid for an extra day before and/or after, and rented a car at the hotel to explore Tahiti. We were always happy with our stay. They have a beautiful pool, and a lagoon full of fish that you can snorkel in. I would, however avoid their over water bungalows since they can be quite noisy when the wind blows under them.

• Like 2