Pirate night meet and greet

Is true that no fireworks during the British Isles do not feature fireworks due to regional maritime and local regulations and environmental considerations.

because during British isles Disney dream cruise from Southhampton on Sunday September 8th to Sunday September 15th on Thursday 12th is pirate night will the Buccaneer Blast deck party include fireworks.

Posted (edited)

If you're not getting answers, it's either because nobody knows the answer or they just haven't seen the question yet. It was also not clear that that was a question or a statement.

Edited by gometros
  • Like 3

As you noted, there is apparently a pirate night, since the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is doing pirate makeovers. However, it is likely there will not be fireworks, since the cruises in the British Isles and northern Europe last year did not have fireworks. They had a "Color Splash Dance Party" on the pool deck instead.

4 minutes ago, mommb said:

As you noted, there is apparently a pirate night, since the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is doing pirate makeovers. However, it is likely there will not be fireworks, since the cruises in the British Isles and northern Europe last year did not have fireworks. They had a "Color Splash Dance Party" on the pool deck instead.

Can adults have Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is doing pirate makeovers during pirate night.

Witch characters will meet and greet guests on pirate night on Thursday 12th September 2024 during British isles cruise from Southhampton on Sunday September 8th to Sunday September 15th 2024.

probably Captain Hook and Mr Smee, also likely Captain Jack, depending on performers onboard and barring illness.

possibly also the sensational six (and chip and dale) in pirate gear

31 minutes ago, Daphne Hope said:

Can adults have Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is doing pirate makeovers during pirate night.

No, the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique offers services only to kids aged 3 through 12. If you walk by at a time when they're not busy, though, they might be able to sprinkle older guests with a bit of pixie dust.

15 hours ago, Daphne Hope said:

Does Peter Pan meet and greet guests during pirate night.

Please can someone answer my comment about Peter Pan meet and greet guests during pirate night.

I have seen Peter Pan on some of my cruises, but not necessarily on Pirate Night. So he may be around but might be busy elsewhere.

Posted (edited)

This may be a bit off topic,but I have never understood the appeal of dressing like pirates in costume on Disney ships or in the parks.

Perhaps it is the Pirates of the Caribbean movies connection with Disney. Pirates have become glamorized.

But, pirates have historically been connected with thievery, violence and a ne’er do well life style.

Cannot fathom the appeal of such characters. IMHO

MJ

Edited by MJSailors

19 hours ago, MJSailors said:

This may be a bit off topic,but I have never understood the appeal of dressing like pirates in costume on Disney ships or in the parks.

Perhaps it is the Pirates of the Caribbean movies connection with Disney. Pirates have become glamorized.

But, pirates have historically been connected with thievery, violence and a ne’er do well life style.

Cannot fathom the appeal of such characters. IMHO

MJ

Yes, off topic.  You don't really need to understand why people like doing it.  It's just fun.  Do you visit Disney Parks?  Or cruise on Disney?  

• Like 2

At age 71, my DH and I have aged out of Disneyworld. Not attitude but mobility issues have madethe decision for us.
We enjoyed going there for many years beginning in 1987.

Our last visit was ten years ago. We have stayed in all the resorts on the monorail. On our last visit, we stayed at the Grand Floridian where we were given a lovely upgrade to a room with the view of the Castle on a floor which was restricted to only adults.

Over the years, we found Disney world to be increasingly expensive and more crowded lessening the “magical” experience -in our opinion.

We have never been on a Disney ship.

We have experienced many cruises on Princess,Celebrity, NCL and Cunard.

We fondly recall the cruise we took on the Big Red Boat after a stay at Disneyworld in 1987.

It is MHO that pirates have been glamorized, possibly as a Disney product.

If you think  otherwise, that is your opinion.

Consider Captain Phillips and the Somali pirates.

MJ