Delayed e-Docs?

I checked in at midnight last night and my e-Docs don't seem to be available yet?  I've fulfilled all the requirements to download them (check in complete, don't owe any money, 21 days from cruise).  I can't remember if they usually take a day or so extra?  Thank for sharing your experience.

Posted (edited)

they are usually available the next day. it can take up to 24 hours, but it's usually 12 - 14 hours. they will usually send you an email inviting you to download your edcocs.

Edited by UKstages
  • Thanks 1

I had an issue with this on my last cruise where my documents never generated a link. I waited a few days and then ended up calling, they were able to force it to release.

• Thanks 1

I believe I have gone to the terminal without e-docs.  I have told agents that I dont have a computer ( traveling pre-cruise) so I cant download any docs.  I pull up my reservation on the NCL app, then do a manual check in at the counter.  It's been awhile, but I believe that is what I have done a few times in the past.  Make sure you write down your reservation number before you leave for your pre-cruise, that way they can look up whatever they may need.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, I was able to print the e-Docs the next day, so no problem.  I will be boarding in Rome and  just walking over to the port gate since my hotel is only 2 blocks away. I know the set up there and strongly suspect the guard would not let me onto the property without a boarding pass. There is no way to reach the NCL terminal except via the internal shuttle bus that runs around to all the piers.  Moot point now, luckily, but thank you for the suggestion.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2024 at 5:13 PM, Travelling2Some said:

I checked in at midnight last night and my e-Docs don't seem to be available yet?  I've fulfilled all the requirements to download them (check in complete, don't owe any money, 21 days from cruise).  I can't remember if they usually take a day or so extra?  Thank for sharing your experience.

Just call general reservations. If they turnout to be useless, ask to be transferred to technical support. The call center agents have very little ability other than making bookings. Tech support can actually look into your reservation to see what’s going on. 

Good tip.  Everything is fine, as I did get the e-Docs, but I will remember that for the future and go straight to Tech Support if needed.  The summary pages leads you to believe that your e-Docs should be ready as soon as you have met all the requirements.  But I did see another screen that stated "within 24 hours" so a bit of a contradiction there.  Thank you for the response.!