Carnival Venezia Cove Balcony

Hello everyone! Had anyone stayed in a cove balcony room? Just wondering how your experience was.  It's kinda weird (for me) to be so low on the ship and close to the water.  I have never stayed anywhere near that low, but the balcony rooms are pretty much sold out at the higher levels for the dates im looking at.  I don't really care much about the "private cove area" more so about being on deck 2..... Anyone stay in these balcony rooms and if so...did u like it?

• Like 1

I will take a cove balcony over a regular balcony every single time. We love the coves.

They:

• Are lower so you feel less motion
  • Are shaded, so you can enjoy your balcony without the sun beating on you
  • Are private, you don't have someone looking up onto your balcony from below or down onto your balcony from above
  • Are typically cheaper
  • Are closer to the water so you see more marine-life
  • Are larger than a regular balcony
  • Quicker debarkation at each port
  • Quicker to get back to your cabin coming in from each port
  • When you look over your balcony, you see water. Not a deck with people laying in the sun.

If you like baking in the sun then they may not be for you. I have seen a very small handful of people that have stated their door was closed in rough waters. However that's never been the case and we've been in a cove balcony over 25 times. We've sailed through tropical storms with rough water as well as regular storms and our balcony door has never been closed. We sat on the balcony during a tropical storm and watched the rough waves. It was fantastic! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/16/2024 at 7:42 AM, teknoge3k said:

I will take a cove balcony over a regular balcony every single time. We love the coves.

They:

• Are lower so you feel less motion
  • Are shaded, so you can enjoy your balcony without the sun beating on you
  • Are private, you don't have someone looking up onto your balcony from below or down onto your balcony from above
  • Are typically cheaper
  • Are closer to the water so you see more marine-life
  • Are larger than a regular balcony
  • Quicker debarkation at each port
  • Quicker to get back to your cabin coming in from each port
  • When you look over your balcony, you see water. Not a deck with people laying in the sun.

If you like baking in the sun then they may not be for you. I have seen a very small handful of people that have stated their door was closed in rough waters. However that's never been the case and we've been in a cove balcony over 25 times. We've sailed through tropical storms with rough water as well as regular storms and our balcony door has never been closed. We sat on the balcony during a tropical storm and watched the rough waves. It was fantastic! 

Thanks for posting this!  We are in our first cove balcony next weekend and I have been going back and forth as to whether or not we should have kept our deluxe ocean view.  All of your reasons sound like things that would matter to me, so I am not officially excited!

Can some post which of these cabins won't be subject to getting hosed down from above on a daily basis. My brother had a cove on the Venezia and loved it but the window rinsers from the dining room above would soak the balcony daily. Do rooms not below the DR experience this as well?

9 hours ago, x lindsay x said:

Can some post which of these cabins won't be subject to getting hosed down from above on a daily basis. My brother had a cove on the Venezia and loved it but the window rinsers from the dining room above would soak the balcony daily. Do rooms not below the DR experience this as well?

Recently returned from a Cove Balcony on Venezia. We loved it, we got the balcony with shade, plus being close to the 0 gangway for ports. The only con was that ours was below the galley and you could hear loud noises at time from them doing work above. It didn't bother me that much, but could be a problem for those that are more noise sensitive. I did not notice any  daily window rinsers, they only blasted towards it while embarking in NYC.