Crown princess world cruise 114 days

We're looking at the aft balcony cabins B or C decks. Can anyone advise the movement of this ship in the aft? Is the extra movement significantly more than mid ship? Will be on this ship for a long time in many varying seas.

Appreciate any comments and cabin recommendations for the world cruise on this ship. 

Kind of depends on your sensitivity and definition of "significantly". I've been far aft and true aft on Crown and didn't have problems. On all ships I tend to prefer far aft or forward on a dead leg passageway - less foot traffic and door slamming. Being priced cheaper is a bonus.

Another personal preference for me, not shared by all certainly, is to have my balcony as close to the water as possible, so I'd go with Caribe, Dolphin or even Emerald.

Sounds like a great cruise. Enjoy!

Walkingsoon

• Thanks 1

Of the six types of movement on a ship, roll, pitch, yaw, heave, sway and surge, some can be dealt with by choice of cabin. To minimize some movement, sensitive people pick a cabin lower and in the middle of the ship. Some say they feel vibration from the prop nearer the stern, but some pay extra to be at the most abaft cabin available. Up to you. 

I see you are new. Welcome. You may not know, but there is a world cruise section here on CC. Likely you will find a lot of good info there specific to longer cruising. For example, what to do about mail, housesitting and bills. I think we would cruise longer if we could trust that these things would get done reliably.

• Like 2

This comment is not related to "movement" but the C deck balconies on the older ships like the Crown are larger than regular balconies and are usually half covered and half uncovered.  We like them for that reason.  I'd double check the ship plan to be sure. 

Our favorite cabin on the Grand/Crown class ships is the farthest aft Emerald deck mini suites. We have cruised in these cabins several times, and have 2 coming up. Recently we've sailed on Royal class ships in mid forward cabins. I've found the difference to be the more pitching movement and the banging of the swells in the fwd, as compared to the yawing motion in the aft. If we chose a balcony cabin, we prefer a Caribe deck room for the larger balcony.

• Thanks 1