Taxi from Ijmuiden terminal to Driehuis station, then train to Amsterdam Centraal?

It looks like the Driehuis train station is about a 15 minute drive from the cruise terminal area. Has anyone been in the port before and know if it's fairly easy to grab a taxi after getting off the ship that would take us to the Driehuis station? The train that connects Driehuis and Amsterdam Centraal is less than $20 round trip and takes about 35 minutes each way. I don't see any transport options on the NCL app, so I was going to look into private transportation, but I'm curious if the taxi to train option is feasable.

Welcome to CC!

It might be a too short ride for them perhaps, or try overcharging you for it if you don't use Uber.

Budget wise: go public transport all the way, take R Net 382 from IJmuiden Badweg stop to Amsterdam Sloterdijk station and take a 5 minute train to Amsterdam Centraal station. Journey time is about 1 hour.

Plan your trip with https://9292.nl/en

Or try your roll call and see if you can share a pre-booked van or even an coach; random but trustful company: https://doelen.net/

Enjoy The Netherlands! :classic_biggrin:

My roll call board doesn't seem too active, but maybe I can just ask another pair of travelers as we're disembarking if they want to split a cab into the city. I'm sure there will be a line of people waiting for taxis once we get off the ship. I also saw there is a coach bus shuttle from the DFDS Ferry terminal in Ijmuiden to Amsterdam that can be pre-booked for 8 GBP each way, some reviews say it's possible for non-DFDS passengers to book tickets on the shuttle.

3 minutes ago, Fireheart said:

I’m on the NCL Dream 7/15-7/25, starting in Copenhagen and ending in Southampton.

Then why are you posting in a discussion about disembarking in Ijmuiden Netherlands?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gnome12 said:

Then why are you posting in a discussion about disembarking in Ijmuiden Netherlands?

I just searched posts about the port, looking for info on transport from Imjuiden to Amsterdam. Was looking for transportation tips to Amsterdam for the day, not disembarking at Ijmuiden.

Edited by Fireheart
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Fireheart said:

My roll call board doesn't seem too active, but maybe I can just ask another pair of travelers as we're disembarking if they want to split a cab into the city. I'm sure there will be a line of people waiting for taxis once we get off the ship. I also saw there is a coach bus shuttle from the DFDS Ferry terminal in Ijmuiden to Amsterdam that can be pre-booked for 8 GBP each way, some reviews say it's possible for non-DFDS passengers to book tickets on the shuttle.

Be aware the DFDS Ferry is in a different location than the regular cruise terminal in IJmuiden. Check Google maps.

4 hours ago, Ine said:

Be aware the DFDS Ferry is in a different location than the regular cruise terminal in IJmuiden. Check Google maps.

Thank you, that’s good to know! I’m not sure what the exact location is that NCL docks at, I was just looking at the general area. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Fireheart said:

Thank you, that’s good to know! I’m not sure what the exact location is that NCL docks at, I was just looking at the general area. 

Check this website with the 2 different terminals. You will see the different locations. Cruiseships dock at the cruise terminal, the ferry at the other terminal. https://felisonterminal.com/

Edited by Ine