Solstice Main Dining Room Reservation Times

We are headed to Alaska at the end of July on the Solstice. We are so excited! We have anytime dining, and noted that many reservation times are already booked up for the main dining room. Will other times open up on board, or should I make reservations for times we are comfortable with (but not prefer) now so we don't get a too late or too early meal?

Thanks for the advice!

dctravel

You do not need to make reservations.  They do not pre reserve all tables, there are a lot of tables shelf back for those without reservations.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, dctravel said:

We are headed to Alaska at the end of July on the Solstice. We are so excited! We have anytime dining, and noted that many reservation times are already booked up for the main dining room. Will other times open up on board, or should I make reservations for times we are comfortable with (but not prefer) now so we don't get a too late or too early meal?

Thanks for the advice!

dctravel

Just like any restaurant if lots of people turn up at the same time you may have to wait Worst that can happen is you will be given the option of taking a buzzer and waiting in a bar/lounge/coffee shop.

• Like 1

We walked in between 6 and 7 and the two of us never had a problem.  We always got a two top, but in 2022 they were seating you at tables for the size of your party as we were coming out of COVID.  One passenger got all bent out of shape he and his wife kept getting a two top.

We also seemed to always get the same two top and the same wonderful waiter.  I was even happier to see that our two top was on the second floor overlooking the first floor instead of stuck off in a corner or behind the kitchen door like other places on land do, in my experience.

• Like 1

My time dining should not be much not an issue to get seated.  The bigger issue is will you enjoy the meals.  On a recent 11 night Hawaii cruise some passengers loved the MDR while others like us booked 10 nights of specialty dining. It depends on how you go out at home- upscale restaurants with local ingredients or Applebees.  To each their own