Stockholder Credit - Oceania

Jim_Iain

I applied for and I think I got the $100 OBC.     I never received any communications from Carnival except the auto reply they received my e-mail.

In looking at my booking it shows I have $700 OBC while I believe I originally had $600.

Here's the question.     I had already booked something for the both of us and had to pay an additional $150 for the tour as it was over the $600.      I went to book a solo tour that is $120.    When I went to book it the app will only apply $50.     I'm guessing it's is allocated 50/50 per passenger which doesn't seem correct for a Stockholder Credit.  .  

Can the stockholder Credit be used for any purpose or is it restricted to Excursions Only?

Yes, you can use it, excursions or other things acquired on board. I used mine recently to pay for a Privee reservation on Riviera. 
Thanks for raising the Q folks, now I need to get my Shareholder request submitted. I figure you can not have too much SBC. 🤪👍💰
Enjoy

Mauibabes

• Like 3

Make sure you have an updated Guest Statement (and other docs) from your TA. It will show your OBC and how it's allocated (usually split evenly between guests). It's generally recommended that you have a (print and/or electronic) copy of all relevant docs (SBC, shorex rez, dining rez) in case there are any discrepancies during your cruise.

Also, anything you paid out-of-pocket will show up as a refundable credit in your onboard account and is "used up" after all of your OBC has been used (or the OOP is refunded if not used up).

We are first timers on Oceania and really looking forward to the experience.  Does Oceania come under the Carnival umbrella?  If so we are shareholders so can someone advise the process for having the appropriate OBC added to our account please.  Thank you

1 minute ago, retep55555 said:

We are first timers on Oceania and really looking forward to the experience.  Does Oceania come under the Carnival umbrella?  If so we are shareholders so can someone advise the process for having the appropriate OBC added to our account please.  Thank you

That was just probably a mistype. Oceania is under NCL, or before someone corrects me, NCLH.  umbrella.

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I applied for and I think I got the $100 OBC.     I never received any communications from Carnival except the auto reply they received my e-mail.

In looking at my booking it shows I have $700 OBC while I believe I originally had $600.

Here's the question.     I had already booked something for the both of us and had to pay an additional $150 for the tour as it was over the $600.      I went to book a solo tour that is $120.    When I went to book it the app will only apply $50.     I'm guessing it's is allocated 50/50 per passenger which doesn't seem correct for a Stockholder Credit.  .  

Can the stockholder Credit be used for any purpose or is it restricted to Excursions Only?

Carnival???  Did you mean Norwegian?

34 minutes ago, rjp50 said:

Carnival???  Did you mean Norwegian?

You're correct.   I think I was mixing up with Cunard that I also just sent in.  I did indeed send in one for Oceania to NCL.   Sorry for the confusion. 

5 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Yes, you can use it, excursions or other things acquired on board. I used mine recently to pay for a Privee reservation on Riviera. 
Thanks for raising the Q folks, now I need to get my Shareholder request submitted. I figure you can not have too much SBC. 🤪👍💰
Enjoy

Mauibabes

Thanks -   I just checked and I sent mine in on 5/12 and even though I haven't heard anything from them can see it on my account.

4 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Make sure you have an updated Guest Statement (and other docs) from your TA. It will show your OBC and how it's allocated (usually split evenly between guests). It's generally recommended that you have a (print and/or electronic) copy of all relevant docs (SBC, shorex rez, dining rez) in case there are any discrepancies during your cruise.

Also, anything you paid out-of-pocket will show up as a refundable credit in your onboard account and is "used up" after all of your OBC has been used (or the OOP is refunded if not used up).

Thanks --- I will get an updated statement.   

50 minutes ago, retep55555 said:

Sorry --- I was mixed up.  Oceania comes under NCL.   You can find the application and FAQ at:

https://www.nclhltd.com/investors/shareholder-benefits/shareholder-benefit-faqs

27 years ago I bought 200 shares of RCL stock when it was really cheap.   Never regretted it and and paid for itself many times over in OBC.    I sold some of it early this year at about 10X what I had paid for it and bought 100 shares of NCL and 100 shares of Carnival.  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ORV said:

That was just probably a mistype. Oceania is under NCL, or before someone corrects me, NCLH.  umbrella.

You are correct --- I was just mixed up... doesn't take much...LOL  

Well, next purchase is Viking, it’s pretty cheap to pick up a 100 shares. Oceania is in the same ballpark, $17ish so You will have them all covered. I bought mine just for the Shareholder Credit and have paid for the purchase with the credits 😇👍
Mauibabes

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ORV said:

Thank you!  I couldn’t understand how I could’ve missed that!  

On 5/19/2024 at 9:27 AM, Jim_Iain said:

The stockholder credit is per cabin. Oceania applied it with 50% to each person in the cabin on our recent cruise.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, TRLD said:

The stockholder credit is per cabin. Oceania applied it with 50% to each person in the cabin on our recent cruise.

That is what it must be.    I'll just let it ride and have the Gratuities applied against it.   Won't go very far anyway.    In the end Oceania will loose money with such practice as I was going to book a solo excursion to use it up.

Thanks all for your inputs.

Edited by Jim_Iain