Princess Events

I will be going on my first cruise in October and I have been doing all the research and studying so that I can prepare myself. I do however have a question about the events listed on the patter. 

I am looking for personal preference here so I understand there may be different opinions but I was wondering which(if any) of the "sales pitch" seminar/shows would be worth going to?
For example - I am not interested in Secrets to a Flatter Stomach while on a cruise with unlimited fries, however the Charm Bracelet events may be of interest if they have free, limited supply or exclusive charms.

Which if any have you gone to and what made them worth it or what made them a total waste of time? Is there an in-between?

Thank you in advance for any info

• Like 1

Like @skynight, we tend to avoid the events that are just sales pitches.  You will see them for acupuncture, free charm, art auctions, guess the weight and win, mini spa treatments, etc .. anything like that.  You can get a raffle ticket and they keep it going throughout the day for some of these events.  
We do love to participate in the activities in the piazza and the lounges set up by the cruise director’s activities staff.  we don’t really watch TV on a cruise but do turn on the woke show in the morning to find out bout the day’s events.  They are listed in your daily schedule in your stateroom or in your app, but we like to hear more about the don’t miss events.  
There are free Zumba classes every morning if you like that sort of activity.  Trivia games are fun and the offers vs the guests games in the piazza are a hoot! 
We always go to every enrichment lecture or activity.  Those are always quite interesting.  

• Like 2

For what it's worth, the charm bracelet events might be worth going to because you actually get something physically in return for you attendance--the charm.  All you get at the acupuncture, Medi spa, spa, and fitness related seminars is a bunch of hot air from the presenter.  If you can bring along a sacrificial cute kid that the shopkeepers find adorable, you'll end up with a boatload of charms without having to go each and every event.  My friend's 5 year old daughter ended up with all of the charms, and more, on day 5 of a 14 day cruise.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SCX22 said:

For what it's worth, the charm bracelet events might be worth going to because you actually get something physically in return for you attendance--the charm.  All you get at the acupuncture, Medi spa, spa, and fitness related seminars is a bunch of hot air from the presenter.  If you can bring along a sacrificial cute kid that the shopkeepers find adorable, you'll end up with a boatload of charms without having to go each and every event.  My friend's 5 year old daughter ended up with all of the charms, and more, on day 5 of a 14 day cruise.

Hi @SCX22, would you clarify which ‘charms’ you are referring?

Effy used to have a charm bracelet where you would collect a different charm at each of thier ‘events’. No purchase required. They would attach to the bracelet via a small lobster clasp.

Princess has since introduced it own charm bracelet which is a pseudo Pandora style bracelet, (charms slide onto the bracelet), where you buy a starter set of charms for $10, to get the ‘free’ bracelet, then buy the daily charm of the day, and if you collect all the $ ones, you are given the ‘Princess Sea Witch Charm’ as a gift. 

As the Princess ‘charms’ actually cost $, I would not think the shop employees are very keen on giving these away to adorable children and are in the business of making sales of the charm starter set and subsequent charms.

Effy has discontinued its charm bracelet as to not compete/confuse with the Princess charm bracelet and now hands out little colored pendants for their ‘events’.

15 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Effy used to have a charm bracelet where you would collect a different charm at each of thier ‘events’. No purchase required. They would attach to the bracelet via a small lobster clasp.

Princess has since introduced it own charm bracelet which is a pseudo Pandora style bracelet, (charms slide onto the bracelet), where you buy a starter set of charms for $10, to get the ‘free’ bracelet, then buy the daily charm of the day, and if you collect all the $ ones, you are given the ‘Princess Sea Witch Charm’ as a gift. 

As the Princess ‘charms’ actually cost $, I would not think the shop employees are very keen on giving these away to adorable children and are in the business of making sales of the charm starter set and subsequent charms.

Effy has discontinued its charm bracelet as to not compete/confuse with the Princess charm bracelet and now hands out little colored pendants for their ‘events’.

Princess actually does has a Pandora shop

9 minutes ago, memoak said:

Princess actually does has a Pandora shop

I was trying to let scx22 know the ‘charms’ they were probably talking about are no longer available and for clarification. The promo Princess bracelet I would say is a Pandora wanna be.

19 minutes ago, wallyj said:

I was trying to let scx22 know the ‘charms’ they were probably talking about are no longer available and for clarification. The promo Princess bracelet I would say is a Pandora wanna be.

The freebies aren’t Pandora but there is a separate shop that is 

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

48 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Maybe no longer a bracelet, but necklace charms/pendants.  Some ships advertise these giveaways in the Event Listings; other ships as flyers sent to the cabin.  This flyer was part of the garbage that was sent to my cabin when I was on the Majestic in April.  

img20240520_22153105.jpg

1 hour ago, SCX22 said:

Maybe no longer a bracelet, but necklace charms/pendants.  Some ships advertise these giveaways in the Event Listings; other ships as flyers sent to the cabin.  This flyer was part of the garbage that was sent to my cabin when I was on the Majestic in April.  

There's a way to limit the paperwork sent to your cabin. We like to get paper copies of the Patter but no longer get sales flyers sent to our room.

I think I set this in the app, but I probably did it in the old app.... not sure where it is in the new one

1 hour ago, robbinsca said:

Me personally, I never miss the Future Cruise presentations. After 20 years of cruising I know what is out there, but I still like to be tempted…

I only listen to see much misinformation the ONE consultant gives out. Like “you have to have a midship cabin in Alaska “

• Haha 1