Help- Qantas changed flight departure time on debarkation day to 11:50AM

4 hours ago, Jean C said:

Perhaps as an extra precaution also alert Princess staff to the Qantas flight time change, you never know, those organising the transfers could be oblivious to it.

When an airline has a schedule change, this will change the status of the flight from HK (holding confirm) to either TK (minor change) or SC (schedule change major). This will automatically fall onto the agent's queue they do have to change the segment back to HK. There is no need to notify Princess of the time change as they will be aware already.

• Thanks 2

if it were me I'd be changing to a later flight or a flight the next day

our cruise docks in Sydney 26 December and our preferred flight was leaving Sydney at 11:45am, but we decided not to risk it and we've booked a much later flight (5:45pm) the same day.... it means we won't get back to Auckland until 11pm and not get home to bed until after midnight..... but all it takes is for 1 thing to go wrong like late arrival into port or something, and you're effectively stuffed and will miss the flight

• Like 2

We're gonna roll the dice also since the direct flight from SYD to DFW is worth the chance.  Of course it's always possible that Qantas will change the flight again before November.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PR-Texas said:

We're gonna roll the dice also since the direct flight from SYD to DFW is worth the chance.  Of course it's always possible that Qantas will change the flight again before November.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

if it were me I'd be contacting Qantas and telling them that the flight time doesn't suit and you want to be moved to the next available flight (the next day?)

Or you can asked to be moved to these flights - Sydney to LA, then LA to Dallas at no extra charge

image.png.c069076c79b8efae6d0485f5cbc0a83c.png

there's probably a 95% chance everything will go ok and you'll make the flight ok.... but I'd have a plan B just in case 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info but we chose to pay more for the direct flights to avoid layovers, customs and hassle at LAX or SFO.  Hopefully it will all work out without a problem.   

2 hours ago, PR-Texas said:

Thanks for the info but we chose to pay more for the direct flights to avoid layovers, customs and hassle at LAX or SFO.  Hopefully it will all work out without a problem.   

98% of the time, it will work out perfect. If there is no severe weather and our customs are playing fair, it will be 100% do-able. Princess transfers don't wait for the bus to fill up, These are pre-ticketed and have their own disembarkation group, however there can be stragglers and they will wait a while for those passengers. Talk to guest services to find out the disembark time they are assigning to the transfer and take it from there.

6 hours ago, PR-Texas said:

Hopefully it will all work out without a problem.

I am sure it will. You'd have to be very unlucky for it not to work out. 😎

For those who can handle their own luggage, the very fastest way from the cruise terminal to the airport is to walk off the ship as early as possible, get through customs etc, then a 10 minute walk to Circular Quay train station, then 15 minutes on the train to the airport.