TxTeach79's LIVE Venezia Summer 10 Day from NYC 5/27

34 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Maybe I’m the only boxing guy in here, but Tyson Fury’s ring entrance to Patsy Cline for Wilder II - elite. (And my 40th bday party)

Maybe the only boxing fan, but not the only Patsy Cline fan.  😁 🏴‍☠️

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

You know how Venezia has all this faux greenery everywhere? It’s very nice. Anyway, this woman who is WELL into enjoying her day is walking around rubbing all of it hoping that ducks fall out. It reminds me of the furry walls in Get Him to the Greek. #IYKYK

IMG_0769.thumb.jpeg.552722440c1fa74f60dc7b1c9c705d76.jpeg

• Haha 25

16 minutes ago, Stallion said:

The Catena Malbec is pretty highly rated, inexpensive wine. Its in my rotation occassionally

But what about JOSH?! Where is he in your rotation? 

• Haha 9

1 minute ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Same. Same. But don’t say that in 🇧🇧 

man, I need to get back there. Haven’t been since old Sun Princess in 2003. Couldn’t even enjoy it cause ex wife was in a dramatic wheelchair because her sunburn from isla margarita 🇻🇪 was so bad. Yes, you read that correctly. 

• Haha 28

2 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

man, I need to get back there. Haven’t been since old Sun Princess in 2003. Couldn’t even enjoy it cause ex wife was in a dramatic wheelchair because her sunburn from isla margarita 🇻🇪 was so bad. Yes, you read that correctly. 

Yikes! Sounds like quite a burn. 😆 I love it there and PS I think she’s listening. Jumped in the car and SHE was on. 

image.jpg

• Haha 13

24 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Do you have any familiarity with the Havana area on Carnival Vista and Excel class? It’s that. I’ve never done Posh (wait, I’ve never heard of Posh. I thought it was Vibe. Am I an idiot or just deep into Cheers?) because there’s no pool 

On NCL Epic, it’s called Posh. We just sailed Epic in April, so I’ve got Posh in my head. I know what Havana is, but have not sailed Carnival since 2013, so have no first hand experience. I must admit though that the Italian themed ships are tempting. The ship looks beautiful!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Yikes! Sounds like quite a burn. 😆 I love it there and PS I think she’s listening. Jumped in the car and SHE was on. 

image.jpg

oh, she’s listening

• Haha 9

1 minute ago, pcrum said:

On NCL Epic, it’s called Posh. We just sailed Epic in April, so I’ve got Posh in my head. I know what Havana is, but have not sailed Carnival since 2013, so have no first hand experience. I must admit though that the Italian themed ships are tempting. The ship looks beautiful!

Epic! The floating toaster!! I swear, I’ve docked next to her more times than any other ship but never had the pleasure. 

yes, the Italian ships are definitely beautiful! I almost wanna check out Costa

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

But what about JOSH?! Where is he in your rotation? 

I'm a "well known heterosexual"- not that there is anything wrong with that

• Haha 15

Posted (edited)

I thought of all of you teachers last night at our Grandson’s HS graduation . The faculty all filed in and sat there while over 300 kids got their diplomas.Some do this year after year. God bless all of you. Luckily we only have 3 grandsons and this is the 2nd.one more to go. A little side story. Our GS last name starts with C. So he was across the stage pretty quickly. He’s also T1D. We were sitting there trying to be attentive while 289 other grads go across when I saw my son look at his phone and frown. He then texted my DIL who was across the venue in a prime photo taking place. She looks at her phone. I realize my son is now looking at the app which shows our GS glucose level. I pulled out my phone and pulled up the app and his Glucose was way too high. My son texted his son to look at his monitor and get working on getting it down. I  never saw another kid walk across the stage. We were all busy refreshing our app watching his glucose numbers go down. By the end of the ceremony he was fine. I thanked him afterwards for making the evening fly by. 

Edited by Mommapadraig
  • Like 13