TxTeach79's LIVE Venezia Summer 10 Day from NYC 5/27

2 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Lady and her husband get into the elevator which is going down from 10 til 4. Looks around aimlessly, says “well, what goes up must go down, right? Oh look, this one is going way down to 4 and 3. Guess we just have to wait and ride back up”

it is day 8. Jail. 

Wow. Doesn't sound like they're in the right elevator. I guess they just stay in it until it happens to get assigned to their deck...

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

57 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Like, what’s with this description? What prankster wrote this? It’s just fat pancake. Call it what it is. Fat pancake. 

IMG_1643.jpeg.1d8b19740c77826d407b8372c43bf032.jpeg

IMG_1642.thumb.jpeg.86e835c96d4c0f71dc7ade791f837b42.jpeg

They should take your platinum card away for not knowing what a skillet cake looks like.

• Haha 12

Just now, Saint Greg said:

They should take your platinum card away for not knowing what a skillet cake looks like.

Diamond, sir. How could you? 

image.jpeg.5e409f6ad1a7a25fa5b835d99973493c.jpeg

• Haha 27

Posted (edited)

(Also I’m just much of a sweets guy. Never really appealed to me before. Not sure why it did today. Lesson learned I guess #keepitsavory)

Edited by TxTeach79
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

(Also I’m just much of a sweets guy. Never really appealed to me before. Not sure why it did today. Lesson learned I guess #keepitsavory)

Well you still haven't had a skillet cake so you may not know what it tastes like. It is sweet though. I make sure to get it once every cruise. But on Horizon they were putting everything on the same plate so my brunch potato sauce was mixing with my skillet cake stuff and I don't like that.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Just now, Saint Greg said:

Well you still haven't had a skillet cake so you may not know what it tastes like. It is sweet though. I make sure to get it once every cruise. But on Horizon they were putting everything on the same plate so my brunch potato sauce was mixing with my skillet cake stuff and I don't like that.

Yeah I’ve noticed the way they serve things at the brunch tends to vary a lot plate to plate. I wouldn’t like that much either. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Yeah I’ve noticed the way they serve things at the brunch tends to vary a lot plate to plate. I wouldn’t like that much either. 

On Horizon they did that the entire cruise for breakfast/brunch. No side plates. Everything on the same plate.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

On Horizon they did that the entire cruise for breakfast/brunch. No side plates. Everything on the same plate.

today I’d have been happy with a water refill 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Still in some big weather and we’re getting some movement going. I’m digging it. Always like the little reminder that you’re on a ship at sea 

• Like 18

18 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

On Horizon in September, am definitely going “to try” to remember to ask the server for separate plates for particular choices!

• Like 3

Like, what’s with this description? What prankster wrote this? It’s just fat pancake. Call it what it is. Fat pancake. 

IMG_1643.jpeg.1d8b19740c77826d407b8372c43bf032.jpeg

IMG_1642.thumb.jpeg.86e835c96d4c0f71dc7ade791f837b42.jpeg

I was going to say that's the saddest skillet cake I have ever seen. It's usually plated very nicely with all those ingredients and it looks and tastes yummy. You for sure just got a fat pancake😕

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, LatinaInTexas said:

I was going to say that's the saddest skillet cake I have ever seen. It's usually plated very nicely with all those ingredients and it looks and tastes yummy. You for sure just got a fat pancake😕

Serves me right I guess. I mean, I look like a fat pancake guy tbh 

• Haha 12

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Wow. Doesn't sound like they're in the right elevator. I guess they just stay in it until it happens to get assigned to their deck...

Its just that their elevators don’t go to the top…

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

8 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Serves me right I guess. I mean, I look like a fat pancake guy tbh 

HaHa but there's no such thing. I love pancakes! I'm making breakfast for dinner and having me some fat pancakes. Now I regret not buying that bottle of maple syrup in Canada.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, TxTeach79 said:

Still in some big weather and we’re getting some movement going. I’m digging it. Always like the little reminder that you’re on a ship at sea 

Book a bahama cruise on Spirit if you want a big reminder…

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TxTeach79 said:

I love it when the seas are rough, on the Celebration I rarely felt movement at all. I absolutely can’t wait for the ride to and from Hawaii in February. When I hear people complain about how awful and rocking it is I get more excited. Obviously I have no issues with sea sickness. I’m sure that would change my tune and I do feel for those that do. 

• Like 2

I've never heard of a skillet cake before now.  Without going into any detail, pancakes/waffles don't agree with me.

29 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

Not fat; "fluffy" is the word I prefer.

How about "portly?"

• Haha 4

It’s still raining, but it’s lightened up considerably from the morning. I’ve been enjoying most of it on the balcony, taking full advantage of another lazy day

• Like 13