Cruise changed to Grand Turk

lv2cruisgrl

Our November cruise is now going to Grand Turk instead of Labadee.  We have never been here, is there anything of interest there or what are good excursions?  Thanks for any info!  I will be doing a search on it also.

Margaretville is there with a large walk in pool along with a flowrider. The swimming area next to the ship is rocky so walk further down the beach about 300 yards and it clears up. The beach bars in this area has much lower prices on adult drinks. The beach chairs at the Margaretville beach are free, beware of locals trying to rent chairs. 

• Like 2

I have not been since 2017, but at the time other than Margaritaville, the island was largely unspoiled and occupied by a few roaming donkeys, horses, a few locals, and gorgeous azure and turquoise water.  Enjoy!

IMG_3104.thumb.jpeg.c4fdbdbf24f35ccedcdc94c9bff02c98.jpeg

IMG_3129.thumb.jpeg.5f75071b3e267f3c845dfe352f6f1b72.jpeg

IMG_3110.thumb.jpeg.fe650ca2cf0c7128cf79eca604fbfd0c.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caribsun said:

Margaretville is there with a large walk in pool along with a flowrider. The swimming area next to the ship is rocky so walk further down the beach about 300 yards and it clears up. The beach bars in this area has much lower prices on adult drinks. The beach chairs at the Margaretville beach are free, beware of locals trying to rent chairs. 

Went to Margaretiville a couple of years ago and had a nice time with a very reasonable lunch. 

• Like 1

Does anyone have information about local tours? I would love to tour the island. No X excursions showing yet. I know a couple who honeymooned there a few years ago. They loved the island. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 39august said:

Does anyone have information about local tours? I would love to tour the island. No X excursions showing yet. I know a couple who honeymooned there a few years ago. They loved the island. 

Rent a golf cart at the pier and head into town. Really not a lot to see. 

4 hours ago, 39august said:

Do not book with Island Trams or Doug Fenimore!  I booked their entire tram with a group from Cruise Critic.  When we arrived at the appointed meeting place, he was nowhere to be found.  When we finally tracked him down out of the port area, he had solicited people on the beach and had filled our time with others.  I had confirmed with him two days prior to the tour.  Very unethical.  Actually, I would be surprised if he is still in business given his dreadful customer service, but thought I would warn everyone.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 39august said:

I noticed today they are making changes to the excursions for GrandTurk on our November cruise.  Keep watching.