Coco Cay-experience Coco Beach Club v. Hideaway Day Pass

1 hour ago, teddie said:

My take: 

If you choose to pay then pay.  If you want to go “freebie” then do that.

End of story. 

Teddie 

I'd add to that, let's be sure new people are aware that "freebie" is a choice. 

3 hours ago, teddie said:

My take: 

If you choose to pay then pay.  If you want to go “freebie” then do that.

End of story. 

Teddie 

Not everyone has that option. We prefer to sail in a suite.  

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

I believe that comment was about what do when visiting PDCC... spend money on something like the Beach Club or Hideaway Beach or just enjoy the included stuff (freebie). Not sure what sailing in a suite (which is also your choice) has to do with it.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

A preference is still an option. No one is forced to buy the Beach Club just because they’ve booked a suite. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

A preference is still an option. No one is forced to buy the Beach Club just because they’ve booked a suite. 

Of course not.  Just mentioning how I would prefer to spend an additional $2000 to 3000.  Last time we were at cococay, which I love, it started to rain  and we went back on board around 2:30

Edited by Cruise a holic

21 hours ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Just curious, have you seen $90 PP lately? It does fluctuate a lot, as you said, but the best I've encountered in the past couple of years was $125 on a black Friday sale. One of our upcoming cruises is currently showing $195 as a 30% off sale price. 😬 Maybe I'm just unlucky. 

I booked three people for $89 a person two days ago. My last several cruises have been $250-$300 so it was a hard pass on those but a scooped up the $89 quickly.

24 minutes ago, wreckem2013 said:

I booked three people for $89 a person two days ago. My last several cruises have been $250-$300 so it was a hard pass on those but a scooped up the $89 quickly.

Wow, that's great!! Hopefully some of that lucky pricing will find me eventually. 🙂 

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Wow, that's great!! Hopefully some of that lucky pricing will find me eventually. 🙂 

Prices seem to be coming down. I see the same $89 price right now for both my upcoming cruises in June and July. Lots of PDCC stuff is pretty low compared to the high point... Beach Club, Water Park, cabanas, etc.

Everything still varies by cruise, of course, but I've seen enough people from different ships/sailing mention it that it's not a one-off.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Prices seem to be coming down. I see the same $89 price right now for both my upcoming cruises in June and July. Lots of PDCC stuff is pretty low compared the high point... Beach Club, Water Park, cabanas, etc.

Nice! I won't be there for several more months, and right now everything is still sky high on both of them.  Maybe enough people will opt out of the current pricing that they'll have to drop prices on mine too. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Prices seem to be coming down. I see the same $89 price right now for both my upcoming cruises in June and July. Lots of PDCC stuff is pretty low compared to the high point... Beach Club, Water Park, cabanas, etc.

Everything still varies by cruise, of course, but I've seen enough people from different ships/sailing mention it that it's not a one-off.

We’re there in September and it’s still up to $138. Unless there’s a great 4th of July sale it looks like we’re skipping it. Which is fine, I’m happy enough at South Beach where I can pretend it’s the old, non-glitzy, imperfect Coco Cay. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2024 at 1:06 PM, Mum2Mercury said:

I'd add to that, let's be sure new people are aware that "freebie" is a choice. 

I didn't know that freebie was a choice and am very happy to learn that today!  Thank you.

Posted (edited)

There are no right or wrong answers to any of these types of questions. It's up to each person, what they like, what they want to spend etc. And that goes for cabins, specialty dining, drink packages, CocoCay and everything else on a cruise. Everyone is different. Do your research.

Edited by nferr
  • Like 2

On 5/25/2024 at 6:00 PM, Cruise a holic said:

Of course not.  Just mentioning how I would prefer to spend an additional $2000 to 3000. 

Whereas I wouldn't spend on a suite or an upgraded Coco Cay experience; No, I'd rather use that $2000-3000 for 1-2 additional cruises!  

On 5/26/2024 at 8:07 AM, vjmatty said:

Which is fine, I’m happy enough at South Beach where I can pretend it’s the old, non-glitzy, imperfect Coco Cay. 

Yes, you're looking for a back-to-nature experience, go to South Beach and keep walking alll the way to the right.  

1 hour ago, MargieD804 said:

I didn't know that freebie was a choice and am very happy to learn that today!  Thank you.

Yes, aside from a couple drinks, we haven't spent a penny on Coco Cay, and we've been 100% satisfied.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've visited the Hideout and really enjoyed it. I spent the day at the far end of the beach and the music didn't really bother me and I had my AirPods. 

For my cruise next February, we will have the Wonder in port with us so I booked Hideaway again to try and 'limit' the crowds just a bit from the freebie options. 

I'm seriously considering beach club but it hasn't gone below $172pp and no way I'll pay that. Hoping for some discounts for Black Friday. 

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, mplusj said:

I'm seriously considering beach club but it hasn't gone below $172pp and no way I'll pay that. Hoping for some discounts for Black Friday. 

I always book BC at the current price, watch the sales, and rebook at the lower price, and cancel the higher one. Then I watch the BF sales (which typically begin the Monday of that week), as they can sell out quickly for the lower price. You can always cancel the whole thing if you don't get the pricepoint you want.

I do this as my limit is likely around $129 (and those who poo-poo my paying ANYTHING--I am aware of the "freebies", but I prefer BC.)

Teddie

Edited by teddie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, teddie said:

and those who poo-poo my paying ANYTHING--I am aware of the "freebies", but I prefer BC

And you should spend your money how you see fit. The judging of this (and most things) will never cease to amaze me.

• Like 2

Visited CocoCay on our last Odyssey cruise (Easter Sunday). My absolute favorite port. You do not need to spend extra money to enjoy this island. I cannot speak to the beach club experience, because I could not justify its cost. However, we were able to purchase Hideaway beach passes at a very reasonable price.  We sat on the beach far enough from the music so that was not an issue. We loved it and would do it again.