Parking at Ny cruise port

I’ve sailed this week before from nyc, you might be parking in lot 90 due to fleet week. They only started taking reservations this year, I’ve never seen any reports on CC about nit having parking available, there were plenty of spots on our cruises.

Tons of information on this board, which I assume will eventually be the landing place for your question:   https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/317-east-coast-departures/

Anyway, to your question: while it's highly unlikely to be sold out (two days prior and it's not)....if you like the peace of mind of having a reservation, go ahead and do it.  It's the same price $45/day plus tax.

Enjoy your cruise.  I'll be waving hello as you disembark.  We're on the June 2 sailing.  Have fun.

Posted (edited)

Not sure if this is still the case, but just FYI, we arrived around 10:00 for our cruise on April 14th and parking at the pier was already full with the exception of those having reservations.

Edited by Kortehgehn

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

I’ve never seen any reports on CC about nit having parking available,

And every time you or anyone else says this I counter by reporting telling you that I've seen it happen twice in the past. If I've seen it twice I'm fairly confident it's happened more often that that.

And I see that someone on this thread has reported that very recently parking was sold out and the only spaces available were for those with reservations.

Edited by njhorseman

3 hours ago, JGmf said:

It's the same price $45/day plus tax.

The $45 daily rate includes tax. However if you make a reservation you have to pay an additional $11.95 booking fee (per booking, not per day).

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

And every time you or anyone else says this I counter by reporting telling you that I've seen it happen twice in the past. If I've seen it twice I'm fairly confident it's happened more often that that.

And I see that someone on this thread has reported that very recently parking was sold out and the only spaces available were for those with reservations.

And I believe you heard it from folks in person, I’m saying that here on cruise critic, and here in real life, I’ve personally never seen or heard it until today.

Posted (edited)

We are also on the Joy this coming update and I called the port parking authority and was told parking will be very limited due to Fleet Week and Pier construction 

Edited by rainmakerjjo