How early can we disembark to catch a flight? (Sun Princess in Athens)

We are traveling on Sun Princess and are trying to squeeze in a trip to Santorini since it was canceled from the itinerary.

The schedule shows us docking at 6:00 AM in Athens. What time can we expect to get off the ship and any tips for how to do this or to quickly get to the airport?

I was told to submit a deviation form request through my agent, which we have done. Waiting to see if it gets approved but still not sure of the process.

Thank you in advance!

Here are the Princess guidelines for disembarking passengers

Athens (Piraeus), Greece

Embarking Guests
For voyages departing Athens:

• All Flights: 3 hours and 30 minutes prior to ship's depature.

Disembarking Guests
For voyages arriving in Athens:

• All Flights: 5 hours after ship's arrival.

Keep in mind that the "docking" time has no direct connection as to when you can actually get off.  The ship must clear all local customs/immigration protocols before *anybody* gets off.  If the ship truly does dock at 6:00 (don't forget that there are many factors that could delay that time...) then the *typical* time for disembarking using the "self-assist" approach would be about 30-45 minutes after docking.  I would be very careful about booking a flight before about 11:00am.  Once when we were leaving Athens for a flight to Paris, we were delayed at the airport for almost 2 hours.  We missed our Paris connection and Air France had to put us up in the airport hotel.  It was not fun...without our luggage!

Thanks very much for your responses. It’s been quite helpful.

I think we will budget at least two hours after scheduled dock time to disembark and leave some more buffer to get to the airport and through security. 

I’m thinking arranged transportation should be the fastest route to the airport.