Bringing wine on board

46 minutes ago, West Windsor girl said:

Are you allowed to bring wine on board? If so, is here a corkage fee at dinner?

I have read where people have been charged and others not.  We bring a small wine bottle opener in our checked luggage and just fill our glasses in our room and don't worry about it.  You can ask your room steward to bring wine glasses, or ask at one of the bars for them as you are headed to your room.

As others have said, you can bring one bottle of wine (750 ml -- ml?) per stateroom.  My husband likes to choose screw-top bottles so he can re-close it in the cabin.  Just easier.  One bottle isn't going to last all that long, so we use it in the cabin /don't bother to bring it to the MDR -- that's a sure-fire way to avoid any fees.

4 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

As others have said, you can bring one bottle of wine (750 ml -- ml?) per stateroom.  My husband likes to choose screw-top bottles so he can re-close it in the cabin.  Just easier.  One bottle isn't going to last all that long, so we use it in the cabin /don't bother to bring it to the MDR -- that's a sure-fire way to avoid any fees.

It is not one bottle of wine per stateroom, each person of legal drinking age can bring one bottle of wine.

• Like 1