Early luggage drop off at Reykjavik port

Emilady

We will be at the port early for our Reykjavik departure on July 26 Around Iceland. Does anyone know how early they can hold luggage for later check in? There does not appear to be any luggage storage available close by.  This is our first time on Windstar. 

I believe they do not take any luggage before check in. I think people are busy getting the ship turned and ready.

Your hotel can hold your luggage after check out until you need it

I can’t speak for the port of Reykjavik but earlier this year we took a Windstar cruise from Auckland where the bag drop was manned at 10.30am which was well before actual check in opened. This gave us the opportunity to catch up with friends for lunch unencumbered by luggage so much appreciated.

Although ill advised, there are often travelers who fly in early on the morning of the cruise so the cruise lines are used to passengers turning up well before check in opens and I’ve generally found they provide some facility for early bag drop. As to how early, I suspect that differs between cruise lines and differs from port to port.

• Like 1

when we cruised iceland they too0k the bags early.  unless its changed WS departs right fro the old port. we dropped bags and went back into town.

• Like 1

If you stay in a hotel, the night before, we stayed at the Borg, they will hold your bag for you, pick up before you go to the ship. Great location it is about a 5 minute walk to port, if you carry light no problem to roll it. I have never been in a hotel that will not safely store your bag until you need it. Have a great cruise. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When we did the around Iceland cruise we arrived at a berth right in town but we left from a berth that was less convenient (we were on a bus from the blue lagoon so it took us fairly close, and then we had a 5 minute walk or so from where it let us off).

Thank you for the input. I will just have to see how it goes as storing luggage at the airport or a hotel is not an option under our circumstances.  

We’re on the August 9th sailing and in the same situation.  We called Windstar.  The phone rep said that although we couldn’t check in until 1pm, there would be people to take our luggage early.  We sure hope that’s true as then we’ll be able to go into town before check in. 

• Like 1