Best things to do, excursions, on ABC Islands?

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2024 at 8:59 PM, kitkat343 said:

do you remember the names of the beaches where you could swim with turtles?

We have seen turtles at 1000 steps which is north of cruise port and salt pier which is south of the cruise port.   We have seen turtles at least 8 of our 9 trips with Woodwind snorkeling around Klein Bonaire

Edited by topspot
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, topspot said:

We have seen turtles at 1000 steps which is north of cruise port and salt pier which is south of the cruise port.   We have seen turtles at least 8 of our 9 trips with Woodwind snorkeling around Klein Bonaire

thanks so much!

On 7/7/2024 at 1:24 PM, topspot said:

Crossing my fingers that I'll get to see them on my upcoming snorkel trip with Woodwind in a couple of weeks!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2024 at 11:00 AM, Theosprey247 said:

I would rent a car in Bonaire. It’s often cheaper and you’ll get to spend more time at the places you visit. 

renting a car vs renting a golf cart?     how is traffic there?    I tried a car in aruba-- those roundabouts scare the beejus out of me-- so wasted that money 

We enjoyed our 3 hour snorkel cruise with Sea Cow to Klein Bonaire island.  Yes we did see a sea turtle but what I really enjoyed was how healthy the coral was in the area.  There was a full boat of 27 passengers onboard, but they split us into 3 groups of 9, each with our own guide who accompanied us in the water. What's nice about snorkeling near the island, is that little swimming is involved: everyone just floats along with the current and the boat keeps up with you. My husband's vision isn't that good anymore and he loved that the guide spent so much of her time treading water while keeping an eye out on her 'flock' as we all enjoyed the underwater attractions and marine life. (On other snorkel groups in previous years, the guide just took off expecting everyone to follow him/her which was  stressful for my husband)

Looking at the Celebrity excursion "Bonaire Salt Flats and Ricon Village" for Oct.2024. This since as seniors  we are not interested in snorkeling and don't care to do our own driving. Any recommendations for this or others through Celebrity?

BTW, we ruled out the "Bonaire Highlights & Beach Fun" excursion since I read the restroom facilities on the long 2.5 hr Sorobon Beach were dirty, terrible and long wait.