Iceland Highlights Tour Company

Anyone familiar with Iceland Highlights.  Been researching shore excursion providers for next summers cruise on Celebrity Silhouette.  This company advertises excursions for all four ports we will be visiting, Akureyri, Djupivogur, Isafjordur and Seydisfjordur.  The itineraries are great.  To date they have not responded to my email.  On line reviews are mostly favorable.  First hand knowledge would be appreciated.

On 5/27/2024 at 6:09 PM, blackfly said:

Anyone familiar with Iceland Highlights.  Been researching shore excursion providers for next summers cruise on Celebrity Silhouette.  This company advertises excursions for all four ports we will be visiting, Akureyri, Djupivogur, Isafjordur and Seydisfjordur.  The itineraries are great.  To date they have not responded to my email.  On line reviews are mostly favorable.  First hand knowledge would be appreciated.

Hello! I am thinking about booking the excursion to the Voks Mineral Baths from Seydisfordur. Did you book with them ?

2 hours ago, Aulika01 said:

Hello! I am thinking about booking the excursion to the Voks Mineral Baths from Seydisfordur. Did you book with them ?

They did reply to my email inquiry and sent me a link to their shore excursions.  They seem to e a reputable company and they remain on my short list. They are offering bookings into 2025.  Problem is I have identified other tour companies that currently offer excursions for the same ports that interest me more but they will not be ready to offer 2025 bookings until late in the year.  Do I wait until the other companies open their 2025 booking and see what they offer and if not satisfied go back to the original company and hope they still have openings.  Saw a post the other day from someone on an exploration cruise with 312 passengers.  They were 8 months out from when they sail and already all the excursions for Isafjordur were sold out.  And our ship is 3000+.  

I've never heard of a tour in Iceland selling out a year in advance, other than some highly specialized winter hiking excursions, or similar exotic offerings.

Not the standard south coast or originate in Reykjavik tours, but I'd be worried about these small cruise ports with only a small handful of outside tour providers.  Particularly with enough internet savvy cruisers looking for non-ship excursions.

I think this is a real issue with Iceland cruises - the lack of options in these tiny ports.

One tour provider told me that in Isafjordur it is not uncommon for a cruise line to buy out tours from private companies and offer them as their shore excursions at an inflated price.