First Time Cruiser- Tahiti dress code ???

We are going on our very first cruise in a month and are Tahiti bound! It'll be a joint 50th birthday celebration as we both turn 50 this summer and are very excited for our trip. I tried to find more details here and on Windstar...what should my hubs wear to dinner without breaking any rules? I have lots of sundresses that will fulfill the dress code, but have seen/heard conflicting reports on what guys should wear. Some posts say that dinner dress on the Tahiti cruises are slightly more relaxed like one might see at a Hawaiian or Caribbean resort and others say no it must be dress slacks. We have no problem dressing accordingly, but with the heat of Tahiti are "dress slacks" truly what men wear or can he wear nice dress shorts with a polo/linen button down and nice boat shoes/loafers? We have planned for him to pack the dress pants, but wanted to know if we could skip his suit pants for very nice dress shorts.

Windstar does not allow shorts on men  in the dining room. My husband wears khaki pants with a nice short/long sleeve shirt depending upon the time of year. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ski Mom 2 said:

Windstar does not allow shorts on men  in the dining room. My husband wears khaki pants with a nice short/long sleeve shirt depending upon the time of year. 

Thanks! This helps so much!

• Like 1

He can wear nice Bermuda shorts when dining at Candles and also on the evening of the deck BBQ.  Main dining room and Cuadro44 are long pants. (often I would go back to the room after dinner, change back to shorts and then head to the Star Bar for after dinner drinks)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Misty Morning said:

He can wear nice Bermuda shorts when dining at Candles and also on the evening of the deck BBQ.  Main dining room and Cuadro44 are long pants. (often I would go back to the room after dinner, change back to shorts and then head to the Star Bar for after dinner drinks)

Thank you so much!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to Tahiti myself on July first. I was just planning on all sundresses for me (with some wraps, in case I get chilled), because we're trying to pack in one suitcase each, and those are so light. Am I okay in sundresses for me? (Wide strap, sleeveless but yeah for pockets!!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/9/2024 at 2:59 PM, Misty Morning said:

Sundresses are fine for ladies.

Thanks! After I posted this, I went and read the info sheet, and of course saw sundresses listed, but glad to see first hand answers. Trying to pack very light due to our Bora Bora flight afterward.