Is there a cargo line from an East Coast port such as Boston) to Honfleur or Le Havre?

There has been very limited restart of freighter passenger service after the pandemic, and the major line involved, CMA CGM, has permanently suspended passenger service.  The only routes I know of now, are some around Europe on small ships, and Aranui to French Polynesia.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2024 at 2:39 AM, denny1700 said:

Thank you chengkp75.  Honfleur, though, is a major port on the Normandy coast, not as big as Le Havre.

When we visited it was mostly pleasure vessels and some fishing boats that used the harbour. It has a small lock at the entrance, so commercial cargo vessels, unless they are very small, cannot access this port.

If they started accepting pax again, you would have to consider Le Havre.

• Like 1

>>  

When we visited it was mostly pleasure vessels and some fishing boats that used the harbour. It has a small lock at the entrance, so commercial cargo vessels, unless they are very small, cannot access this port.

What is "pax"?   I was going to go on a cross-Atlantic cruise from Miami to Honfleur about two years on the French cruise line Ponant but decided to wait, as I had been on another cruise only about five months earlier.

Yes, I should consider the alternative, Le Havre as destination port from a port on the Eastern seabord of North America, then.

3 hours ago, denny1700 said:

>>  

What is "pax"?   I was going to go on a cross-Atlantic cruise from Miami to Honfleur about two years on the French cruise line Ponant but decided to wait, as I had been on another cruise only about five months earlier.

Yes, I should consider the alternative, Le Havre as destination port from a port on the Eastern seabord of North America, then.

Pax is an industry term for passengers.

3 hours ago, denny1700 said:

There is also this site:

https://www.vesselfinder.com/ports/FRHON001

But I still don't see any way to find out which (passenger) cruise ships cross the Atlantic to either Honfleur or Le Havre.  A repositioning cruise would be great, too.

Honfleur is not on a train route to Paris.

He is looking for a non-cruise ship.  For cruise ships one can go to cruisetimetables.com 

On 6/25/2024 at 11:50 AM, denny1700 said:

As I said, there are almost zero cargo ships carrying passengers since Covid, regardless of port.  I don't think there are any that are carrying passengers on the trans-Atlantic route.  I mentioned the small ships in Europe, as there are some that do very local routes there.