Docking time Barcelona

Has anyone got a rough idea of the time we could leave the ship in Barcelona? I want to book tickets to Parc Guell and need to choose an entrance time.

Also has anyone done this independently and can recommend the best way of getting there from the ship.

Thank you

24 minutes ago, Mrs applehead said:

Has anyone got a rough idea of the time we could leave the ship in Barcelona? I want to book tickets to Parc Guell and need to choose an entrance time.

Also has anyone done this independently and can recommend the best way of getting there from the ship.

Thank you

It is not easy to get to Parc Geull by public transport and I believe they have recently moved the bus stops. I would look at how you’re going to get there before booking a time slot. 
We waited until we went on a cruise that had an excursion there. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

It is not easy to get to Parc Geull by public transport and I believe they have recently moved the bus stops. I would look at how you’re going to get there before booking a time slot. 
We waited until we went on a cruise that had an excursion there. 

Thank you the excursion has been sold out for many months, I've checked lots of times for any cancellations but not had any luck.

I asked on board on a previous cruise if they had a wait list and they said no as the entrance tickets sell out way in advance.

Edited by Mrs applehead
Spelling

If you are happy to walk its about 15 minutes from Vallcarca Metro station and I do remember a number of escalators which ease the uphill sections.

This takes you to a side entrance and you can then walk through the park to the main entrance.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

From being docked at the far end of the pier a taxi to familia sagrada was 25 euro and 20 minutes , so expect park greuli would be about 35  euro and 30 minutes 

Edited by Windsurfboy
  • Thanks 1

I would get a taxi. If you book a 9.30am slot you should be there in plenty time. They don't mind if you are late.

Ask to be dropped off at the top gate. You are then walking down hill rather than up as it is quite steep.

There are loads of taxis available on the dock

• Thanks 1